X-Rite color discrimination test

photoSmart42

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Interesting test. I scored an 8, but I don't have a calibrated monitor. I had to step away from looking at it after a while because I was starting to go cross-eyed. I saw that some of the hues didn't fit where they were, but I couldn't find a better position for them.

kwaphoto

Mu-43 Regular
score = 5, sweet! But my vision is bad for focusing...sever astigmatism. So maybe the color is compensation for me? At any rate, I prefer B&W images, such a waste! :rofl:

Krang

Mu-43 Veteran
I had a score of 3. I found very easy to arrange the colors and didn't even double check.

I really like my matte screen on my macbook pro. It allways gives good results, even if it's not calibrated :)

f6cvalkyrie

Mu-43 All-Pro
I'm quite surprised :biggrin:

"Based on your information, below is how your score compares to those of others with similar demographic information.

* Your score: 0
* Age range: 50-59
* Best score for your gender and age range: 0
* Highest score for your gender and age range: 1520

Online ColorIQ Challenge Results
You have perfect color vision!"

Iconindustries

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Well on my Macbook pro I remember starting to calibrate my screen and half way through setting it up I couldn't be bothered. I just quickly clicked through to the end and saved it as my calibrated screen.

I did the test now and I really think I should properly calibrate my screen. I got an 8, Does this mean my eyes are bad or my screen needs to be properly calibrated?

Krang

Mu-43 Veteran
I think 8 is not that bad. The test is pretty precise. How well do you need to tell the difference in the shade of colors in "real life" situations?

Djarum

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jason
I think 8 is not that bad. The test is pretty precise. How well do you need to tell the difference in the shade of colors in "real life" situations?
Actually, for me, it used to be pretty crucial. I used to work in a paint store and my ability to match paints and colors. Not to brag, but I got so good at matching paints that my manager and co-worker left me with all of the color matching while they got to do all the fun stuff :(.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom