X-Rite color discrimination test

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Mosca, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Mosca

Mosca Mu-43 Regular

May 27, 2010
    • Like Like x 4
  2. photoSmart42

photoSmart42 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Interesting test. I scored an 8, but I don't have a calibrated monitor. I had to step away from looking at it after a while because I was starting to go cross-eyed. I saw that some of the hues didn't fit where they were, but I couldn't find a better position for them.

3. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Scored a 2, and my monitor is calibrated to my eye, but no software.

4. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    My score was 25

5. kwaphoto

kwaphoto Mu-43 Regular

Jun 4, 2010
    Colorado, USA
    score = 5, sweet! But my vision is bad for focusing...sever astigmatism. So maybe the color is compensation for me? At any rate, I prefer B&W images, such a waste! :rofl:

6. Krang

Krang Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    I had a score of 3. I found very easy to arrange the colors and didn't even double check.

I really like my matte screen on my macbook pro. It allways gives good results, even if it's not calibrated :)

7. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    I'm quite surprised :biggrin:

"Based on your information, below is how your score compares to those of others with similar demographic information.

* Your score: 0
    * Age range: 50-59
    * Best score for your gender and age range: 0
    * Highest score for your gender and age range: 1520

Online ColorIQ Challenge Results
    You have perfect color vision!"

8. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer Charter Member

Well on my Macbook pro I remember starting to calibrate my screen and half way through setting it up I couldn't be bothered. I just quickly clicked through to the end and saved it as my calibrated screen.

I did the test now and I really think I should properly calibrate my screen. I got an 8, Does this mean my eyes are bad or my screen needs to be properly calibrated?

9. Krang

Krang Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    I think 8 is not that bad. The test is pretty precise. How well do you need to tell the difference in the shade of colors in "real life" situations?

10. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Actually, for me, it used to be pretty crucial. I used to work in a paint store and my ability to match paints and colors. Not to brag, but I got so good at matching paints that my manager and co-worker left me with all of the color matching while they got to do all the fun stuff :(.

• Like Like x 2