WTF or M4/3 or the other withn the funny u

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
If I want some "peace and quiet" I hang around the RF Forum and bow to the knowledgeable.....never daring to post anything other than a mundane point

They use MFT over there............show I "slap their wrists"

I am sure BrianS will be able to moderate

just noticed that I got the title wrong, (WTF - sorry wrong forum for that kind of thing!), must be excitement as i've just looked at my M6 - should add to the confusion

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
RF 4/3 forum is dying.
I'm there to check in but it saddens me to see a lifeless forum.
Bill, who you is over there?
I'm M4.......

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
RF 4/3 forum is dying.
I'm there to check in but it saddens me to see a lifeless forum.
Bill, who you is over there?
I'm M4.......

"If I told you I would have to kill you"

I have been more of a "watcher" for a few years - But I do like the Forum - it does take some time to get used to some of the guys and you just have to take them as they come and not get too "precious" about anything - I am a very semi collector of old cheap fixed lens stuff - I only have just a few but it is nice to see the "old" stuff being discussed

I have never really contributed to any thread - it is not like "over here"

Of course most are fixed on film - but that's not a bad thing as it is an RF forum

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Bill,
It's The Rangefinder Forum.
It's a nice place.
I can't post a link cause then I get sent back to the factory...
But it's easy to find.
The m4/3 stuff is about dead there...

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
same here ive been there a few times and enjoyed some good reading bout lenses
i dont think i ever posted, heck i can remember if i joined

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
what is RF 4/3rds forum??

Morning Bill

If you are interested in RF stuff, (I am - they are beautiful little things!), - IMHO it's is the only site around - they can get a bit "precious" about opinions, but that is not unusual on the web

I always enjoy my visits and there is a lot of info that has accumulated on that site

menu on the LHS

here

Bill Gordon

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Bill,
It's The Rangefinder Forum.
It's a nice place.
I can't post a link cause then I get sent back to the factory...
But it's easy to find.
The m4/3 stuff is about dead there...

Gee, gosh, I should guessed, oh well, this old man sometimes forgets the good old days of rangefinders, Rollies and Hasselblads, and then the advent of the DSLR! Wow!! Topcon, Konica, Asahi Pentax (what a seller that one was) and on and on.

Bill Gordon

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Morning Bill

If you are interested in RF stuff, (I am - they are beautiful little things!), - IMHO it's is the only site around - they can get a bit "precious" about opinions, but that is not unusual on the web

I always enjoy my visits and there is a lot of info that has accumulated on that site

menu on the LHS

here
Bill

Back in the good old days I shied away from RF cameras because I wore glasses and the viewfinders were not that big or bright and so I gravitated to larger format cameras.

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Bill,
Remember the Alpa? I was in a store back in 70-71...they had a complete outfit, body, 3 lenses etc...I got it for $175.00 cause they didn't know what it was.....
Like a fine watch......

Bill Gordon

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Bill,
Remember the Alpa? I was in a store back in 70-71...they had a complete outfit, body, 3 lenses etc...I got it for $175.00 cause they didn't know what it was.....
Like a fine watch......

Yes I do remember, I believe that it was Swiss made, a piece of work or as you said, a fine watch. That was a steal 'cause it was in those days very expensive.

Brian S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
RFF tends to focus on rangefinders, and the Leica forum must be half the posts. The Nikon RF forum, FSU forum, Canon forum, and many others have lost steam over the last couple of years- mostly as Digital has taken over.

I just picked up the M8, the biggest push was Kodak pulling the plug on its film processing unit. I still shoot film, but using it to test lenses was "getting expensive".

Looks like I will be trying an "MFT" or u43 or mu-43. I like mu-43 the best. First is to close to MTF (Modulation Transfer Function), second is a German U-Boat, and the third: I CAN REMEMBER!

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
we have now got mFT as well as MFT and the others being used

when will this "baby" stop growing

Bill Gordon

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Alpa - just look at the Gallery of jesse

I looked here..http://www.alpa.ch/en/home.html ... no jesse!! I am surprised that it has been re-invented for the 21st century!! Amazing!! I did not look at the site in depth as I am going back and forward to this site for the many emails from our discussions of many things that excite an old man who thinks he is young again!! I am busy rebuilding my photo equipment, got the E-P2 plus the Pany 45-200mm and now waiting for the Oly 9-is it 14 or 18 mm and I am all set. sold all my Oly 4/3rds except for the fisheye and it is for sale!! What fun this hobby brings to me and then I am off to London for three weeks!

Bill Gordon

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Bill, Thanks....
After Leica's...they have a place in my heart.....

I do remember the Alpa...it was a very high end single lens reflex using film as the medium..35mm. So now they are producing a digital RF camera....kinda ugly but probably very pricy! I have not seen them in any advertising but on their site they mention a Linhof back....now there was a camera and it was sold with a kit, the body, and three lenses and that was really top bananas in cameras, a folding press type, all metal, film + cut film backs, the whole dish.
Those were the days my friends .... memories!

Latest threads

Top Bottom