1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

WTF is wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by SRHEdD, Jun 3, 2012.

1. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    I sold my E-PL2 kit last week while I was on the road because I can't bear to dump my DSLR. While I was gone, I took these two photos with the E-PL2. I enjoy this camera more than my Nikon, and grab it first for photos. I think I need both, one for "work" and one for "me"... Guess I'll sell a couple of watches and buy another E-PL2... I am making PayPal richer by the day!

My Dad's cat:
    kitty1.

On the trunk lid of my Mustang:
    _6031819b.

• Like Like x 16
  2. EP1-GF1

EP1-GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 12, 2011
    Nothing wrong with you - it's called Oly-crack :smile:

3. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Join the club, I've done the same three times.

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I think the question was WTF was wrong with him to sell the E-PL2 just to hold onto his DSLR. ;)

Wonderful photos, SRHEdD! What lenses were those shot with? You captured some amazing detail!

5. chicks

chicks Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2012
    The Big Valley, CA
    Daauuumm I wish I could take a picture like that of my kitty! How did you do that?

6. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    EXACTLY!!! These are SNAPSHOTS, grab photos. No time spent, no set up, just snaps. Ridiculous!

E-PL2 with the kit 14-42!!!! No effort, got in as close as I could, cropped the rest in PS. normal settings, no dynamic filters, but did bump the saturation in PS on the bug a bit. The cat I converted a duplicate layer to B/W and erased the eyes and nose. That cleaned up the grays and whites.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    "chicks" are you C. Hicks? Just wondering... I'm S. Hicks.

8. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    It was hard choice to give up my 40D - but I haven't missed it yet. I spent six hours yesterday following professional disc golfers at our local tournament. I carried two:43: bodies and three lenses. I captured action shots with very little problems. I could never have carried the whole dslr kit that long and walked up and down hills as I did yesterday. I am a total convert. :cool:

9. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    I've listed my 5DII and lenses on Craigslist several times, only to take the posts down. In each case it was the opposite of what happened here - I took some shots that reaffirmed that there was no way I could have easily made them with a m43 camera. I love m43 for what it is, but it can't replace my DSLR. I do enjoy shooting more with m43 though.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    The cat photo is amazing. I agree with ean10775 though. While I to love my little G3 there is no way I would dump my Canon 1DMKII or all my Canon lens

11. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Very nice shots.

12. Geoff3DMN

Geoff3DMN Mu-43 Veteran

Life is too short for just one camera system :)

I've got a Canon S95 (for ultimate pocketability), I'm working on my micro 4/3 kits (for travel) and I've got my Nikon DSLR and lenses (for when I've got the time and space or I want to photograph motor sport).

The main issue becomes which system gets the $ for the next upgrade...

Oh and I love that cat photo!