• Please note: A site subscription is required to start a new listing in our Buy & Sell forum. There is an option to subscribe for a month for $5 if you would like to sell something without a longer subscription.

All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

[EXPIRED] WTB: Macro option for EPL-1

Buy/Sell feedback for dixeyk (66)

dixeyk

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I'm looking to get something to use for Macros on my EPL-1 for my Masters field project. I have OM, Konica and M42 adapters and I'm looking for something affordable. I am looking at an m42 bellows (Pentax) to use with a couple of Takumars I have. A closeup lens is an option but I tried one that I have and I thought the results were so-so.

Price range...under $100 if possible

dixeyk

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
You can pick up an OM macro lens for cheap off eBay I'm sure. Should do the trick nicely.

Yeah, I have thought of that. It would be cool to use my existing lenses if possible. It's a shame that I sold off my Om 50/1.8 because I just found in an old drawer an original OM extension tube...sheesh. My fall back is either an OM macro like a 50/3.5 or maybe a Super Takumar 50/4 (I really like my Takumars a lot).

deirdre

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Yeah, I have thought of that. It would be cool to use my existing lenses if possible. It's a shame that I sold off my Om 50/1.8 because I just found in an old drawer an original OM extension tube...sheesh. My fall back is either an OM macro like a 50/3.5 or maybe a Super Takumar 50/4 (I really like my Takumars a lot).

I have the OM 50/3.5, but haven't taken it out for a spin, yet (I got it after I ran out of battery juice).

deirdre

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Should be able to take it for a spin tomorrow, so I'll do that and upload some pics.

That said, I may be foiled by my cheap-o adapter. One of my Canon FD lenses doesn't like the cheap adapter, it wants the spendy one.

dixeyk

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Should be able to take it for a spin tomorrow, so I'll do that and upload some pics.

That said, I may be foiled by my cheap-o adapter. One of my Canon FD lenses doesn't like the cheap adapter, it wants the spendy one.

You take it out back and remind that FD lens that it can be replaced...then we'll see how loose it is...uppity lens:eek:

deirdre

Mu-43 Top Veteran
You take it out back and remind that FD lens that it can be replaced...then we'll see how loose it is...uppity lens:eek:

It's the 35-105 f/3.5 Macro -- I really need to spend more time with it. Big honker of a lens as it's 3.5 all the way through the range.

Also have a Pentax 200mm I haven't tried yet. OMG it came in a ginormous box.

I need to take pics for the adapted lens image thread. Tomorrow's camera day at the (fountain, not Oly) pen club, so I'll probably do it then.

dixeyk

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
yeah...

It's the 35-105 f/3.5 Macro -- I really need to spend more time with it. Big honker of a lens as it's 3.5 all the way through the range.

Also have a Pentax 200mm I haven't tried yet. OMG it came in a ginormous box.

I need to take pics for the adapted lens image thread. Tomorrow's camera day at the (fountain, not Oly) pen club, so I'll probably do it then.

I'm looking at the Super Takumar 50/4 Macro and I'm surprised at how long that thing is.

Brian S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I have a Panagor 55/3 in Konica Autoreflex mount, made by Komine. Basically the same as the Vivitar 55/2.8. I need to try it out on the EP2, it does 1:1 without extension tubes.

Brian S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Some pictures of the "Panagor 55/3" on the EP2. I did some quick hand-held shots, will put up some later. This lens gets to 1:1 without tubes, as does my Nikkor 60/2.8. Most Macro lenses get to 1/2 lifesize then require an extension tube.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2035&stc=1&d=1285513972.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Common with this lens: the rubber inset focus ring comes off. I "hacked" some leatherette onto it for a better grip.
Also open to trades.
Does $50+shipping seem reasonable, for the lens with front and rear cap? Glass and aperture are perfect, some small dings in the metal where the cap goes on. Filter ring is perfect.

Attachments

• panagor_extended.jpg
    panagor_extended.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 616
  • panagor_focusring.jpg
    panagor_focusring.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 234
  • panagor_inf.jpg
    panagor_inf.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 180

dixeyk

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Thanks for all the suggestions...

Due to the generous nature of a fellow board member I have an m42 bellows on the way and I am going to start off by trying it with one of my 50mm lenses (probably my 55/1.8). That said, the dedicated macros are very appealing and I found out today that at least a portion of these shots will need to be in the field (bugs and plants) so even if the bellows works out really well I may need something to take into the field as well. Not sure if that will be something like a life size adapter or a dedicated macro lens.

If I do decide to go with a dedicated macro lens as well the Olympus 50/3.5 is a good option but I do like the Super Takumar 50/4 quite a lot (although not likely to be available in the $50-$60 range.

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
I'm looking at the Super Takumar 50/4 Macro and I'm surprised at how long that thing is.

Even though the glass is recessed it has to have the long barrel to be able to expand for the close focus. I used to own one many years ago before I sold my camera gear to get into computers.

I have been shopping for a macro on eBay the last couple of weeks and it looks like you could bet a better deal on the Canon or Nikon 55/3.5 macros. The Pentax 50/4 lenses I bid on kept going over $100 while the other 50/55mm macros were generally available for less than $100.

Also Brian S Panagor 55/3 above looks like a good deal compared to what I have seen recently. If I had not just bought a Micro-Nikkor that would have been tempting.

deirdre

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I was watching the Takumars but eventually settled on an Olympus OM 50mm f/3.5 that I got for a better price.

dixeyk

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Takumars and OMs

Yeah, the Takumar 50/4 seems to command a higher price than either the Hexanon 55 or OM50/3.5. If I had the $400 I would probably go for the OM50/2 but its way more than I need for this project.

Latest threads

Top Bottom