1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

[EXPIRED] WTB: Domke J-803 and/or F5xc

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by apicius9, Mar 21, 2011.

1. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Feb 1, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    The quest for the perfect bag continues... These two caught my attention. If anybody has one or both in good condition for sale (black or sand), please let me know. I also still have an olive Tenba small messenger bag for trade or sale.

Thanks,

Stefan

2. mclarenf3

mclarenf3 Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Nov 23, 2010
    Canada
    I've got a Domke F5XC and I think it's the perfect u4/3's bag. Get it in Sand and it looks just like a murse, and no one suspects a thing. I carry my G2 with the 7-14mm, E-PL1 with the 20mm, and then have the 14-140mm, 14-42mm, and room for my XZ-1. It holds a lot in such a small compact shoulder bag.

I'd stay away from the black as it collects lint, hair, etc like crazy.

Would you be willing to sell the Tenba bag? I've been looking at getting it for a while, as it looks like a good laptop/camera travel bag. My Domke is no good if I want to travel as it doesn't hold anything other than my camera gear.

• Like Like x 1
  3. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Feb 1, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Thanks for the confirmation. I will send you a PM reg. the Tenba.

Stefan

4. bullmrkt

bullmrkt Mu-43 Regular

0   0   0

Jan 9, 2011
    I have the Domke F-803 in rugged wear and love it. It's not too big which forces me to be selective about what I take with me (good thing). I can still take a GH2, 14-140mm, Voigt 25mm, Leica 50mm, Leica 90mm, and various filters/accessories.

I also wanted something that DOESN'T look like a camera bag, and this suits that objective perfectly.

70183A Domke F-803 Camera Satchel Bag, Canvas, Brown Waxwear

5. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Feb 1, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    The rugged F-803 was my first thought also. It just looks like the J version is a touch larger which allows it to hold my Ipad plus the same amount of lenses, that's the main reason why I am looking for that one. On the other hand, the rugged one looks cool and the J looks more like computer bag...

Stefan

6. bullmrkt

bullmrkt Mu-43 Regular

0   0   0

Jan 9, 2011
  7. mclarenf3

mclarenf3 Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Nov 23, 2010
    Canada
    The great thing about the F5XC is the lower pocket opening. If you configure it correctly, you can slide three lenses into the lower portion and have the area above it for your camera (and another lens). Most bags which are deep often have a lot of the depth wasted. With this one, you can easily organize it all and everything is accessible with one hand (ie: no taking one thing out in order to get to another).

8. jambaj0e

jambaj0e Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Aug 31, 2010
  9. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Feb 1, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I had never seen the Delsey, that looks really nice, almost a bit too elegant. A photo bag for Sundays ;) I like Delsey products, most of my luggage is from them, but the photo bags seem to be less common and harder to find here in the US. Just wondering: Do I see this right that the insert itself has a zipper and can be closed? And can it take an ipad?

Stefan

P.S. Almost forgot: The Tenba messenger bag I mentioned above is sold. Still looking for a F5xc in sand for now.