• Please note: A site subscription is required to start a new listing in our Buy & Sell forum. There is an option to subscribe for a month for $5 if you would like to sell something without a longer subscription.

All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

[EXPIRED] WTB Canon(et) QL17 working

Buy/Sell feedback for Kosta (3)

Kosta

Mu-43 Veteran
Hey guys,

I'm wanting to foray into the world of rangefinder on a budget!

Am looking for a good working order Canon(et) QL17!

OR

something along those lines at a relatively similar (or cheaper!) price.

Ta!

Kosta

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
Great little camera - the Canon 40/1.7 lens reminds me of the Panny 20/1.7. I owned two of the little Canons over the years. The first one I sold but I do not remember what happened to the second.

dixeyk

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I have a bunch of those fixed lens RF cameras. Fun stuff. They come in two basic types. There are larger bodies ones like the Konica Auto S2 (about the size of an SLR) and the smaller ones like the Canonet. The QL17 is a nice little RF. One of my favorites is the Konica Auto S3 with an insanely sharp 38/1.7 lens. Fans compare it to the 40mm Summicron C. I wouldn't go that far but it is really nice. Another terrific camera is the Olympus 35RC with a sharp and contrasty 42/2.8. Try looking at Cameraquest, Stephen Gandy has put together some great information about the smaller fixed lens RF cameras here.

Camerquest focuses mainly on the compact RF cameras you can also get into the larger bodied ones which are often cheaper have wonderful optics and for some folks (me included) are easier to handle. I would suggest looking at cameras like...

Konica Auto S2
Konica Auto S1.4
Konica Auto S
Minolta Hi-Matic 7S
Minolta Hi-Matic 9
Canonet Q17 (larger cousin to the QL17)
Yashica Electro 35 GS and GSN

Kevin

Kosta

Mu-43 Veteran
thanks Narnian!

they seem to be going for a little more than i expected! but they look like the go for me! :) i do like the olympus rd too! they are nice :)

Linh

Mu-43 All-Pro
I bought one from this guy and can recommend him as a good seller: Canon Canonet QL17 GIII QL 17 f/1.7 Rangefinder, Ex+War - eBay (item 300482990597 end time Oct-29-10 07:00:58 PDT)

You can get one for less, but buying from him will be headache free (in my experience of one purchase).

wow... i got mine for $80 i think. battery door flakey though. I'd shoot more with it, but most of my developer is now pretty old, heh. Though, the focusing patch sorta sucks. Not sure if it's the way the camera is or just old... but my friend's ZI is worlds better.

dixeyk

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
thanks Narnian!

they seem to be going for a little more than i expected! but they look like the go for me! :) i do like the olympus rd too! they are nice :)

In the past few years the Canonet Q17 GL's seem to be going for more then they are probably worth (with the all black ones going for insane prices due to rarity). They are great little cameras but there are a lot of great little RF cameras from that period. If you are set on a Canon the the larger bodied Canonet Q17 or Canonet S is IMHO as good (or better) a camera and can probably be found for less.

For the money the Hi-Matic 7S and the Hi-Mastic 9 deliver a lot of bang for the buck. You can find one in good shape for around $50. I like the Olympus RD quite a lot. It has shutter problems so good ones tend to be pricey.

Kosta

Mu-43 Veteran
thanks again for the info kevin, i kinda just want to try something out. the canons seemed most readily available. i haven't yet spotted a Q17 though. 50$is more my kinda money :p

Latest threads

Top Bottom