1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

WTAsk: GF1 + Oly M9-18

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by andyarif, Jun 11, 2010.

1. andyarif

andyarif New to Mu-43

Apr 15, 2010
    Dear all,

am currently looking for UWA lenses.
    The choices fall between the expensive Pana 7-14 and Oly M9-18

Putting interest on Oly for its lower price and less weight.

Wondering if any of you already got a chance to try the GF1 body + Oly M 9-18. How does it perform? the AF speed as well as the image quality (both still and video).

I read from Pana's website that the AF will be significantly lower and noisy when paired with 9-18, the question will be how bad....

Thanks for your valuable input

2. chasm

chasm Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    I've just bought the m.Zuiko 9-18 and it works perfectly on my GF1. Focus is v quick and quiet, and the sharpness is incredible. Really pleased with it.

3. andyarif

andyarif New to Mu-43

Apr 15, 2010
    wow chasm, thanks for the sharing....

appreciate ur feedback and now no worries on going after Oly for my GF1

4. gregoryfo

gregoryfo New to Mu-43

Jun 11, 2010
    I also have the m 9-18 and find it a good mate for my gf1. I think the micro 9-18 focuses fine and quick on the gf1. Perhaps the panasonic website was referring to the older olympus 4/3s 9-18?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.