Wrist strap recommendations please

DynaSport

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dan
I've looked at the dsptch site and feel they went too artsy. The pictures don't have everything in focus and the names/descriptions of the various colors are not always helpful. Their wrist straps do look promising and I like that they have so many different colors to choose from. I just wish I could tell more about them.

Luger718

Mu-43 Regular
I've gone through a few and have settled on the dsptch. I also like their no-nonsense neck straps which use the same connectors. I got the neck strap in camo which looks pretty cool with my silver em5.

They sell a neck strap? or so you mean the sling? I have the sling strap for my e-pm2 and its great. The connectors are small but strong.

emptysensor

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Joe
They sell a neck strap? or so you mean the sling? I have the sling strap for my e-pm2 and its great. The connectors are small but strong.
Yeah I meant the sling. At first I thought the connectors wouldn't be strong enough, but they're fine. I'm pretty conservative and the camo isn't too artsy for me, but everybody's different. I also got a green sling strap and it's definitely low key.

Correction - I guess dynasport meant the website was too artsy. Regardless I'm happy with what I got from them.

DynaSport

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dan
Sorry, I meant the website was too artsy, not the products. What I mean is that I would like some clearer pictures of the the products instead of the narrow DOF artsy product shots. And what is Black 3M? I could go for some pictures of the products being used as well. It would just make decision making easier. And I can buy four of the Op Techs for the price of one of the dsptch. Still, I am leaning toward the dsptch because I don't think I'm a fan of the neoprene.

Anyway, I really do appreciate all your experiences and opinions.

nardoleo

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Leo
How about a Barton 1972 wrist strap? Any comments on them?

Thinking of getting one of those for myself.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Mu-43 mobile app

Matero

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I like Tap&Dye wrist strap. Little bit pricey though.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

emptysensor

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Joe
The Barton 1972 braidy is very nice and comfortable, softer than the Gordy's. The only reason I took mine off was so I could switch between wrist and sling with the dsptch. The only negative for me was that it was almost too pretty :)

BLX

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Morten

c0ldc0ne

Mu-43 Regular
Markins makes a great one. Very well built and very good looking.
Aren't you confusing a hand strap with a wrist strap? Or is Markins also doing a wrist strap that I'm not aware of? I just checked their site and only see the hand strap.

blotto

Mu-43 Regular
Another vote for the Gordy strap, i have one on my E-M5 and love it.

It was a little stiff when i recieved it, I ended up using a little bit of baseball glove oil on the strap, it softened right up.

garfield_cz

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Pavel
I am frequently changing both neck and wrist carrying style, so according to my needs I just quickly tie a neck strap :wink:

<a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/L71TTkaDsXgFpiw_auiJQdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=embedwebsite">
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
"800" width="800" /></a>

sjducks

Mu-43 Rookie
I have a Gordy's on my G5 and GX1 and love them both now that they are broken in. They are a little stiff initially but once worn in they feel great.

burdickjp

Mu-43 Veteran
Have access to a sewing machine? You can MAKE a wrist strap for less than $5 and be certain it's exactly what you want.

Or go buy some paracord from Wal-Mart of all places ( surprised me, too! ), find a YouTube video on the subject, and make what dsptch wants >$30 for in under half an hour.

DynaSport

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dan
Well, after thinking about this too much and changing my mind several times, I ordered two of the Gordy straps. One for my G5 and one for my E-PM1. I decided on them because they seemed to be about the best small, unobtrusive option. Both the cameras are fairly light and I don't plan to be hanging the camera from the strap, I mainly want it for security. When not in use, I usually carry a small camera bag. We'll see. A lot of this is trial and error and you don't really know till you try.

Thanks to everyone for your advice and opinions.

Photodan1

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Dan

biomed

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike
Another vote for Gordy straps. I use one for my GH3, LX5, Bessa R3 and will use one on my GX7 when it arrives. I find the largest size works the best for me. It allows enough movement to use the camera and doesn't get in the way. I initially used a tripod screw mount strap on the GH3 and really liked it. I changed to a lug/split ring mount strap due to mounting a quick release tripod plate on the camera. The straps are a little stiff when new but soften up nicely after a bit of use.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom