Wrist strap options

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by justinrphillips, Mar 20, 2013.

1. justinrphillips

justinrphillips Mu-43 Regular

Nov 2, 2012
    I am looking for an amazing wrist strap for an OMD and an EPM-2. What do you guys like to use?

2. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    I use an Op/Tech cam strap QD for each of the cameras.

--
    Sent from my phone. Please pardon my brevity!

3. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
  4. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    I use the OP/TECH as well. My favorite feature is that the quick release allows me to swap it out for a sling from the same company (the Utility sling) when I want to shoot that way.

It's definitely utilitarian, but it's really comfy to use. No where near as sexy looking as something like the Gordy's strap, though.

5. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  6. hidefguy

hidefguy Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 10, 2010
    +1 on the Gordy's but I bought the Gordy's lug mount with optional Integral Strap Bumper. I bought this for my EP2 and it's now attached to my EM5.

FYI. I originally purchased size "regular" but it would not allow me to have it strapped to my wrist and hold the camera, the "Extra Long" worked perfect.

7. BLX

BLX Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2012
    Denmark
    Morten
    • Like Like x 1
  8. BLX

BLX Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2012
    Denmark
    Morten
  9. AceAceBaby

AceAceBaby Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 21, 2013
    Op/Tech here too. I like their QR system, and can switch for a neck strap, etc.

10. outbackphotogeek

outbackphotogeek New to Mu-43

Jan 30, 2013
  11. dav1dz

dav1dz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Canada
    +1 for Gordy's.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    This post got me to consider the wrist option. I've previously tried a sling, and an OP/TECH neck strap. For me they were always in the way so I've mostly hand carried. I bought a corded wrist strap after the posting, but tethered to a GH2 with ample sized lenses it felt like being garrotted. I'm awaiting delivery of OP/TECH wrist strap with hesitation. The images of the connection from wrist to camera seems cumbersome for general use and especially for changing lenses. I will update next week.

-Chrome

13. justinrphillips

justinrphillips Mu-43 Regular

Nov 2, 2012
    Thanks for the feedback, I ordered two Gordy's.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gyroscope

Gyroscope Mu-43 Regular

Apr 20, 2012
    SE London
    Too many nice photos of Gordy's in this thread - it would seem foolish not to try one, thanks guys! I have big paws so ordered a "long" - here's hoping it fits ...

15. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Peak Design's Cuff. I'm a big fan of their products - the Capture is the *ideal* camera mount if you're hiking - attach to your strap, and there's no bouncing or bumping and it's 2 second away from being usable. The leash is a nice, lightweight, pleasantly slippery easily adjusted strap, and the cuff a very user-friendly wrist strap. Not heavily padded, but our cameras aren't that heavy, and the quick release is easy, secure and quick. The cuff itself can be worn as a 'bracelet' when not in use, and the quick-release allows easy lens changes in less than ideal circumstances, where I prefer to shelter lens and body in the camera bag when swapping them around. Pop off camera, swap lens in partly opened bag, click camera back on.

16. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    Are Op/Tech owners not worried about the quick release pinging apart under the weight of, say an OM-D with a chunky lens for example? Do you dangle it? Is there a lock on it? Am I right to be nervous about this?

17. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror!

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    Wise choice on the long...that's what I did for my epm2...fits great. Don't forget to put some leather conditioner on it to help soften it up. They're a wee bit stiff at first.
    P1125436-20130112-L.

18. Salt Peanuts

Salt Peanuts Mu-43 Regular

May 26, 2012
    Massachusetts
    Haj
    Though not their wrist strap, I did use Op/Tech straps when I had DSLR. I never had any issues/accidents with it, though I did have a redundant setup where two quick releases would have to fail/open at same time before my camera would hit the ground.

19. Gyroscope

Gyroscope Mu-43 Regular

Apr 20, 2012
    SE London
    Top tip, thank you. I'm warming up the renapur while I wait :biggrin: