1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Wrapping Cloth for the EM1

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Imjinman, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Imjinman

Imjinman Mu-43 Regular

Sep 22, 2011
    Sydney
    Hi

Does anyone have the CS-35 ? Thinking about getting this as a general wrap. I tend to put the EM1 in a waterproof back, but it has no padding and so I want something just to protect it from the odd knock and to cover whilst putting it in my messenger bag around town. BC

2. quatchi

quatchi Mu-43 Veteran

May 17, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    I do not know about the CS-35, but I have the Novoflex Wrap in size M, which suits me (respectively the cameras :biggrin:) well since my G1. Even the E-M5 with attached Oly 12-40 fits in.

On multiple occasions I head the camera rapped this way and thrown into my backpack when I am out hiking. The only downside is, I am not sure whether they are selling world wide or not.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fortwodriver

fortwodriver Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Frank
    I use this: Zing Standard SLR Camera Cover when tossing my camera into my day messenger bag. It's an E-M1 with the 17mm 1.8 and its hood mounted.

http://www.adorama.com/ZGCBK.html

It may be a tad tight with that lens though... Double check the size.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Itchybiscuit

Itchybiscuit Photon Mangler

Dec 10, 2013
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Ivor
    Two old shemaghs - black and white for my GF1, black and green for my GF5. Keeps them nice and cosy if I'm just chucking them into my messenger bag and heading out.

5. Imjinman

Imjinman Mu-43 Regular

Sep 22, 2011
    Sydney
    Great ideas- many thanks. I had a creidt with Olympus and so ordered anyway. Will see how it goes

6. Johbremat

Johbremat Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2013
    My luck.

I just ordered two and THEN saw this thread.

Hopefully all goes well.

7. Johbremat

Johbremat Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2013
    All good. Covers an E-M1 with the 12-40PRO and HLD-7 attached.

Would post a pic but I can't wrap it anywhere as neatly as the promotional material.

8. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    Just check eBay for neoprene wetsuit material or neoprene sponge and there's heaps available, just a bit of DIY required to make it suit.

9. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
  10. Johbremat

Johbremat Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2013
    At $25 a pop, to provide just that little bit of additional protection while in my bag, I thought it was a no brainer. To find or produce a similar solution would cost me more money and time than I'd care to expend.

The 300mm will be beyond my reach (no pun intended) but wouldn't be surprised in the least if it held the body and grip with the 40-150PRO attached. Looking forward to finding out.

11. FastCorner

FastCorner Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2011
    I don't have the CS-35, but it's been on my B&H wishlist for a while. What I like about it, compared to other solutions, is the built-in elastic band. Velcro is convenient, but kind of noisy.