Wow, that's a bargain!

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
I was perusing my favourite dealer's website late last night and opened up their used camera section.
They always list the cameras from cheapest to most expensive.
So, imagine my surprise when the first one that came up was a Panasonic GH5 in excellent condition for.......................£15.

W.w.w.what I thought, I must be thinking of the wrong model, but no, there it was.

I quickly scrolled through the rest and came upon a Panasonic S1 in excellent condition for.......................£275.

By now, I was wondering what my wife had spiked my evening cocoa with and tried to clear my head as quickly as possible. :hmmm:

Oh well, nothing for it but to try and buy one. :biggrin:

I clicked on the GH5 and put it into my basket, and not being greedy didn't bother with the S1, after all, I haven't got any lenses to fit that have I. ;)

So, went into the checkout, logged in with my details, clicked on "use my address as delivery address", clicked on continue to payment............

and.......

nothing.

Kept hitting the damned continue button,

refreshed the page,

nope,

logged off and signed in again,

still zilch.

Oh well, I thought, time to come clean.

So, I sent the two guys in the used department I usually deal with an email informing them that there's been a huge mistake on their website and even confessed I did try to buy them.

Off to bed feeling very deflated, but slightly happy I'd done the right thing in telling them.

Checked their website this morning to see that their Black Friday offers were up and running and the GH5 at £850 and the S1 at £1150. :frown:

Not had a reply from the guys, so whether they're unhappy with me for trying it on (I would have done a good deal with them ;) )
or they couldn't care less, I don't know, but, a bit of excitement for half an hour. :dance3:

Oh well, I can but dream......:flypig:

PhotoCal

Mu-43 Veteran
... and you know you would've taken amazing pictures with them. Probably of the Loch Ness monster, Bigfoot and Elvis!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom