1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Wow Ricoh's peaking Rocks !

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by jpplenissart, Nov 2, 2011.

1. jpplenissart

jpplenissart Mu-43 Regular

See Kai's review on M-mount module for Ricoh GXR

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1FCwJMdWVM&feature=player_embedded]Ricoh GXR M-mount Module Review - YouTube[/ame]

Mode 2 peaking seems great ! Jump to 4' to see it ;)

For GXR users, is it usable and fast ?

2. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Yeah, graphics people invented that algorithm two or three decades ago now. I was impressed to see that a camera manufacturer had finally bothered to add it to live view (and curious why no one bothered sooner). You know we've got a toolbox of these algorithms and image systems a mile high and twenty years deep. There's so much camera manufacturers could do if they had a decent software team.

3. tomrock

tomrock Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    The Sony NEX cameras do that, too.

4. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Um ... not just software. See the thread with the guy and his bug photo rig. Intersecting NIR/IR lasers for focus ... that would be phase contrast focus in effect. Basically if the camera manuf. would really look at the oddball uses of their cameras and images (both SW & HW) they could find all kinds of nifty things they could use.

I've been building imaging systems for 20 years and can't get cameras made to my needs so we just bought a camera company and now are just make 'em ourselves! Hopefully we don't fall into that same trap of serving the lowest common denominator...

5. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    OT: do you have a blog or website where we can track development news?

6. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Not really the kind of cameras this crowd is particularly interested in ...

Aplegen and the camera division is SBIG - follow on facebook. None of the really cool camera stuff will be talked about as that goes into the life sciences product line and that is kept close to the vest.