1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Wow, Panasonic actually doing some promotion!

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by jff1625, May 21, 2012.

1. jff1625

jff1625 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2012
    London
  2. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Noisy, out of focus and jumpy does not instill great confidence ...

3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I chose the pro shots by a majority, but was surprised to see the Amateur shots winning by a majority in the overall votes! Of course there were some of the amateur shots I liked better, but the thing that struck me most about the pro shots was the consistency in following the brief and shooting it with meaning. The amateur shots tended to be more disjointed without a clear message. That consistency is what I would expect from a commercial photographer. An amateur photographer can always get a great shot, but the pro does his job consistently with purpose, according to his brief.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tanngrisnir3

tanngrisnir3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    Wow. Not to be a parade rainer, but I wasn't all that impressed by any of the shots, really.

Just not my cup of tea.

And 'lens jockeys'? Please.

5. foxtail1

foxtail1 Science geek & photo nut

Dec 30, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Kristi
    I went 6–4 Pro over Am, but there were only a couple of shots from either that I really liked.

But, I filled out the information for the camera give away. In the email from Panasonic thanking me for entering, it says: "Plus, if you can't wait to see if you're a winner, get $100 cashback on any Lumix G product worth more than $300. Click here for your voucher."

But, when I click, I get right back to the contest page, and I don't see anywhere to click for a voucher. Did anyone find the voucher? It may just be for something purchased directly from Panasonic, but I'd like to see it.

6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Same thing with me, Kristi... it just brings me back to the contest page.

I wonder if our North American location has anything to do with it, since this was from Panasonic New Zealand? I did check the contest rules though just in case, and did not see anything about it being valid only for NZ residents, or anything like that...

7. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    I agree. Mostly OK shots that would garner polite golf applause on a well-mannered forum like this one.

In true Panny form I got to the end and it just locked up without letting me enter the contest. Reminds me of their retail site. Always solid...

8. mzd

mzd Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 30, 2010
    Wisconsin
    last item of the terms & conditions:
    13. This competition is only open to New Zealand residents and delivery of prizes will be delivered to New Zealand addresses only.

but, an interesting contest non-the-less!

9. Computer Controlled

Computer Controlled Mu-43 Regular

May 16, 2012
    Seattle, WA
    Larry Kleinke
    Ah damn, i entered, i guess for naught. Oh well. Hey mzd, i'm originally from Wisconsin.