1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Wow, new feature in Photoshop.

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by woody112704, Apr 17, 2013.

1. woody112704

woody112704 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2012
    Iowa
    Jared
    This just blows my mind. Check it out.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/stUD-DRhTZg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    That is amazing. I have wished something like that existed so many times, but figured it wasn't going to happen due to complexity. If it works even half as good as it looks there that's going to be awesome!

3. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    Heh I remember when they first announced this tool over a year ago- they got in trouble because the test image they presented was artificially blurred to make it look like hand shake. However the tool still did what it was supposed to, and I'm sure it'll do what it's supposed to.

Content aware scaling is sill one of the amazing tools I've used, still amazing even after using it for the last couple of years or so.

4. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Here's a fun one: a big part of the process is figuring out what the pattern of motion blur was in the first place. Let's say you can record that ahead of time, perhaps with the same accelerometer module used for hardware IS. Now you can implement IS in software as part of raw processing by just applying the deconvolution.

5. woody112704

woody112704 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2012
    Iowa
    Jared
    Mister roboto I wondered about that when I watching it. It did cross my mind wondering if they preblurred it and just took it away.

Promit, that's interesting I've never thought about that before. That could be very helpful for people. If someone for some reason forgot to turn it on or off if using a tripod.

6. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Meh, they have been using this on CSI for years ...:tongue:

7. owczi

owczi nareteV 34-uM

The video doesn't show the tool's parameters available, but Topaz InFocus does the same thing, you can select the type, direction and radius / scale of the shake / blur or it tries do to it for you. By the looks of it the Photoshop feature does something similar. Being a LightRoom + PaintShop Pro user I'd like to see this built-in into LR :)

8. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Heh, you wouldn't think it'd be that hard to find a photo with actual motion blur. Heck, I know I could have provided dozens for them :tongue:

9. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

If only it were that easy!

Even the best decon comes at the price of lowered dynamic range.

As I mentioned in the other thread - focus magic does this and way more.

10. JStheoriginal

JStheoriginal Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    Canada
    Justin
    nifty! i LOVE content-aware fill! it's so fun and i use it as often as makes sense. :D

11. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    +1

--
    Sent from my phone. Please pardon my brevity!

12. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    I meant "just" as in "just half the algorithm", not to trivialize the actual process :smile: