Wow, awesome images of Mt Eyjafjallajokull (volcano)

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Iconindustries, May 3, 2010.

1. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

A friend emailed me the link to some great images of the Volcano and i thought you guys would appreciate to see them. I am amazed at the lightning and just the immensity of the dust. Geez, it must be a bit frighting to have your day turn black in a few minutes when the wind changes direction.

More from Eyjafjallajokull - The Big Picture -
    • Like Like x 5
  2. klythawk

klythawk Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Nottingham U.K.
    Thanks icon for the link to some really amazing pics, looks like one hell'va cleaning up job.

3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Icon, thank you so much for this link to these moving photographs. I am so glad they focussed on the people and animals, their lives that were and are effected instead of on the many who were stuck in various places unable to fly... These photographs are well worth looking at. I'll be sending off this link to several friends. Many thanks.
  4. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    the link is worth the visit ......amazing work and eruption
  5. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Amazing........would love to have been there - truely a once in a lifetime experience, but my heart goes out to the people affected, particularly the farmers desperately trying to protect their animals.
  6. igi

igi Mu-43 Regular

Feb 24, 2010
    Great pictures. I would love to be in this kind of moments but as a photographer of course...
  7. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    looks like a serious challenge for dust on the sensor :)