Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by phillygoat, Apr 27, 2011.

1. phillygoat

phillygoat Mu-43 Regular

Mar 17, 2011
    With all the buzz about the Pinwide lately, I was wondering if any mu-43 users particpated in Worldwide PinHole Photography day <> this year? I've been a pinholist for years, but for the first time this year I tried it with a digital camera, my Oly E-PL1. I used both the Skink pinhole and a homemade wide angle pinhole lens (my pinwide isn't here yet). After careful deliberation, the I chose a a photo for the pinhole day gallery that I made with my home made pinhole.

Anyone else participate? I'd love to see your submission.

Pin Hole by Mr Lunatic Fringe, on Flickr
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Alan_N

Alan_N Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2011
    Yorkshire UK
    did not know about it but then did not also have a pin hole camera or an adaptor for a camera like a lens cap with a whole in. But I have just ordered a pinwide so hopefully have plenty of time to practice and submit for next year will bookmark the page and look out for it next year! :thumbup:
  3. TimDanMick

TimDanMick Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 21, 2011
    Not sure,but, it looks kinda like someone used a pinhole in the Washington Post, Metro section on Friday, April 29, 2011. If not it's a similar effect and first I can remember in a newspaper.
  4. mauve

mauve Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
    Nice picture. I wouldn't have associated it to pinhole, but I like it - the blur is splendid !

5. phillygoat

phillygoat Mu-43 Regular

Mar 17, 2011
    Haha, I'd love to see that. Do you have a copy you can scan? :0
  6. phillygoat

phillygoat Mu-43 Regular

Mar 17, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback. the aperture of the pinhole came out too wide, hence the blur (which in this case actually ended up being the perfect amount :). Here is a picture of the home made pinhole lens on my epl-1. I made it with a generic m43 body cap, the bottom of a soda can, and some epoxy putty. Oh, and my trusty dremel tool :)

DIY Wide Angle Pinhole by Mr Lunatic Fringe, on Flickr

(update: fixed the picture)