Worldwide Micro Four Thirds Photography Day - Suggestions Please

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Bhupinder2002, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi Guys
    We had a poll in Jan2012 for world MFT day .There were two dates - 4rth March and April 3rd .April 3rd got maximum votes.Our admin Amin even registered a site for the same purpose .We wanna make it a world wide even .The main idea is to shoot pics on that day and share on a special website set up for this day . Now please suggest what else we can do?? I would request Amin to take lead and tell us what else we can do . I am ready with any kind of help .
    cheers
    Bhupinder

2. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Drink a toast worldwide at the same time.

3. thinkcooper

thinkcooper Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 29, 2011
    Mirror or reflection self portrait, all taken the same day with a micro4/3 camera, at the same time? Maybe 4:30 PM (sorry, 24H timekeepers)? Like a "Day in the Life" theme, but around the format.

4. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I think since the only ones that have something material to gain from this are Panasonic and Olympus, they should put their heads together to promote an ad campaign and a photo contest with lots of sweet m4/3 prizes for the winners.

• Like Like x 8
  5. Bhupinder2002

Hi
    I haven't heard anything from Amin yet..
    Lets see what he thinks ..
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I'll post some thoughts when I get off from work in about an hour. Thanks!

7. Bhupinder2002

Thank u Amin , I am looking forward to it. I am free and will be online for most of the time.
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

8. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    A contest for the hand-picked favorites of the day.

9. Bhupinder2002

Yes Ned.. Agree to that
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

10. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Okay, please check out this Flickr group: http://micro43day.org

It's pretty much self-explanatory. People join that group, go out on April 3 to make photos, and then share up to 3 photos from that day in that group. No contest, just a group experience.

Every site that publicizes the site/event will be added to a prominent list of sponsors on that site, so hopefully we can get everyone on board.

What do you think? If that looks okay, I'll publicize it on our front page and ask others to do the same.

Once we get some traction, I'll tell our Panasonic and Olympus contacts to see if they want to help spread the word.

I don't want to make a contest out of this. I do want to make it global and not limited to Mu-43.com members.

• Like Like x 6
  11. red

red Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2010
    Does it means that I have to be a Flickr member???

12. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    Amin,

Seems to be an issue w/ the link, it's not a forward and a frame (which flickr frowns upon).

Yeah, unfortunately. But that's going to be a given regardless of where we can post a group of photos. Flickr seems the best bet.

13. red

red Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2010
    Unfortunately, I can't stand to open another new account with another new password... but anyway - a happy Micro Four Thirds Photography Day!

14. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    They do support Google ID and Facebook logins if you don't have an account already.

15. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I didn't realize that forwarding with masking used a frame. Let me see what I can do to fix it. I could forward without masking, but I want to keep the URL simple.

Yep, I chose Flickr because many people already use them plus they support Google ID and Facebook logins. Obviously we could do it all here at Mu-43.com, but I want this to go beyond that and bring attention and enjoyment to all MFT users. Also, by separating it from this specific website and inviting other sites to be equal contributors, I'm hoping we can get other sites including the really big ones (DPR, IR, DCRP, etc) to help spread the word as a news item.

16. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Hear-hear!

Methinks a pinot noir would be befitting for such an august event.

Gary

PS- Organizing it by cities is a good way, then meetings to determine who shoots what.

G

17. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    I won't become a Flickr member because they are owned by Yahoo. I have absolutely nothing but contempt for Yahoo and their corporate policy...

18. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    We can certainly have a thread (or multiple threads) here at Mu-43 to celebrate MFT Day in addition to whatever goes on in the Flickr group.

19. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    Hey guys...I was wondering if it would make sense to adjust the date to allow users to get their E-M5?

20. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."