World Press Photo Awards 2013

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by phigmov, Feb 15, 2013.

1. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Apr 4, 2010
    If anyone hangs out for the World Press Photo Awards - they're out for 2013 -

World Press Photo

I think 'The Crescent' may be my favourite but 'Joy At The End of the Run' & 'El Salvador Gangs' are close second(s).

And as usual I'm in awe of the cojones required to get some of the war reportage and nature close-ups (that whale shark looks so close a sense of perspective and scale is lost).

A few shots seem a little 'blah' this year conmpared to previous entries IMHO.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Steph

Steph Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 18, 2011
    Martinique
    Stephane
    Wow! Very impressive!

3. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    Shocking images as usual!

But what really caught my eye is the amount of young photographers! A lot under 30 yrs old!

4. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Yes - they almost need a 'Faces of Death' category at this rate.

The exhibition in person is always a lottory, go the good way round (gory stuff first) or the bad way round (see the gory stuff last).

Much wailing and gnashing of teeth at the DPReview forums about the HDR/Overprocessed nature of some of the winners rather than the composition or content of the images themselves.

I checked a few samples and didn't see any m4/3 stuff unfortunately. Maybe next time.

5. Steph

Steph Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 18, 2011
    Martinique
    Stephane
    Chris, your website is worth a visit ; Great pictures dude!

6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Some truly incredible photos. :cool: 

7. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    Thanks for that Steph, im a big fan of your work as well! specially your surf stuff! stunning!. :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.