World MFT day .. Lets choose one date

SRHEdD

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
April is always the fourth month regardless... April 3 for me as well!

As far as the book goes. If Amin allows, we'll start a new category (?) if the forum. I have plenty of server space for images, we'll plan on putting the mall in. Only members, start small... two submissions per member maybe? This is flow of consciousness... somebody make a rules committee! Maybe a thread in the category to show the images. I'll assemble and keep a running PDF available for download, then we'll all discuss where to send it based on pre-orders. I say coffeetable book, hardcover all the way! Good?

linkedit

Mu-43 Top Veteran
You'll probably get more participation if you started a Flickr group for this and posted about it on all the :43: flickr forums.

If you're really into it, make a website for it. Like the world pinhole day site. Which is April 29th this year, I can't wait.

xdayv

Color Blind
Real Name
Dave
I was wondering if we could agree on a date for World MFT day and then go shoot and share pics from all over the world on same day . I will leave to Amin , moderators and other senior members to decide but all suggestions are welcome. Either we can pick up the date when First Olympus MFT was launched or may be when this site was launched .
Please share ur thoughts about it .:smile:
:smile:

Cheers
Bhupinder

great thread! yeah, 4/3!

SRHEdD

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
IMHO... no. Keep it small, among us, a manageable group. We'll have more than enough participation for the first run at this. Test the process, get one done. I can create a simple table to hold the photos that only the members have access to. What you've outlined makes it way too big with potential control issues.

All of this with Amin's blessing of course, and with parameters HE'S comfortable with.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
I actually like March 4 better because most of the world says the day then the month (ie, 3 April = 3/4/12). However, March 4 is coming soon, and we need more time to publicize, so let's go with April 3.

I think we should go all out to make it a worldwide event that goes beyond this site. I went ahead and purchased the domain name "www.micro43day.org" based on linkedit's suggestion above. I'll try to set up that website in a similar fashion to the Worldwide Pinhole Day website. Then we should invite every site and Flickr group with an interest in Micro 4/3 to sign up and get involved. We'll link from that site to all the supportive sites/groups, and it will be good publicity for everyone. A day for Micro 4/3 users everywhere to share.

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I actually like March 4 better because most of the world says the day then the month (ie, 3 April = 3/4/12). However, March 4 is coming soon, and we need more time to publicize, so let's go with April 3.

I think we should go all out to make it a worldwide event that goes beyond this site. I went ahead and purchased the domain name "www.micro43day.org" based on linkedit's suggestion above. I'll try to set up that website in a similar fashion to the Worldwide Pinhole Day website. Then we should invite every site and Flickr group with an interest in Micro 4/3 to sign up and get involved. We'll link from that site to all the supportive sites/groups, and it will be good publicity for everyone. A day for Micro 4/3 users everywhere to share.

Wow ....Thanks Amin... yes lets make it a major success and let people know the potential of MFT cameras. Photography is such an enjoyable hobby and pleasurable and MFT makes it more fun.
Cheers
Bhupinder

Linh

Mu-43 All-Pro

hrm, I want to retract my vote now. I kinda think march 4th would be better since it's the world after all. And even if it was a small turn out, in the long run, it'd be better maybe? Though, April 3rd is right after my birthday, heh.

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Wow! From an idea to the beginings of a worldwide event in under 17 hours.

YEs Fred and U have no idea how thrilled I am .. hahah .I have already told my hospital to take me off from the roster during that week. I would suggest all MFT shooters from same city can even meet and greet on that day .. Lets see but yes its gonna be a world wide event.
Cheers
Bhupinder

Ned

Mu-43 Legend
You'll probably get more participation if you started a Flickr group for this and posted about it on all the :43: flickr forums.

If you're really into it, make a website for it.

I agree that it would be beneficial to have both a Flickr group and website.

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
So finally we have chosen 3rd April I guess . Now what next?I will have more free time after 17th Feb and can do anything to spread the word about it .
Cheers
Bhupinder

Promit

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Promit Roy
Sorry but your date is totally wrong. First Olympus MFT release? Uh, no. You want the first MFT release, which was the Panasonic G1. I believe that date is Nov 01.

Latest threads

Top Bottom