World MFT day .. Lets choose one date

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Bhupinder2002, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I was wondering if we could agree on a date for World MFT day and then go shoot and share pics from all over the world on same day . I will leave to Amin , moderators and other senior members to decide but all suggestions are welcome. Either we can pick up the date when First Olympus MFT was launched or may be when this site was launched .
    Please share ur thoughts about it .:smile:
    :smile:

Cheers
    Bhupinder

• Like Like x 2
  2. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    April Third...

3. alans

alans Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 28, 2010
    Just go take some pictures, unless it's a paid holiday, what's the point?

• Like Like x 1
  4. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    Fourth of March?

5. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 18, 2011
    Sounds like every day around here. :biggrin:

(And all kidding aside, one of the things I really like about this forum is the large number of non-USA posters.)

• Like Like x 1
  6. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    It gives a picture of the world on one particular day. Successful books have been published on this theme.

I've been something of a loner most of my life, but I've been finding community activities can be quite enjoyable.

So, anyway, there's two reasons. I'm in! Pick a date!

Fred

• Like Like x 3
  7. Bhupinder2002

Some one suggested 4th March .. like 4/3 which seems to be Okay. I am waiting for Amin to think and suggest if he has something unique in mind..
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

8. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    In the US 4/3 is April 3. I'd rather go sooner. March 4 sounds fine.

Fred

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bhupinder2002

Hahahh and U know what Fred...3rd April is my birthday . I will go for it ..hahahah
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

10. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    We adopted our youngest son from Kirov. They told us his birthday (March 4) was "Army Day"... "march forth". To this day, I'll say it is April 3rd, because while we were in Russia for a couple of weeks filling out papers, I had to write 4-3-06 for March 4, 2006.

I'm okay with either, but we HAVE to make the book, from Apple or some other private press. We can all pay for our own before we order them, a few bucks each to the site or a charity.

I'd volunteer to assemble it, order it and distribute it. I'm a well-experience graphic designer of print.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Bhupinder2002

Fanastic idea.. Iam in ..lets agree on date and then we can pick up top 100-200 pics shot on world MFT day and make a book ..First and unique ..of its own kind ..
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

12. robertro

robertro Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 22, 2010
    There are also excellent sites that will handle the ordering and distribution of paper copies, once the content is assembled:
    6 Ways to Publish Your Own Book

Some of these will support online reader versions as well, which is a bonus.

13. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Absolutely!

I'm in! I think this is a terrific idea. I agree, April 3 sounds like the perfect date. If we push this on social media like Facebook we could bring a bit more attention to :43:. I am still amazed at the number of folks who know nothing about this format. This could be an awesome way to spread the word and it would make an excellent book. :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    It's a terrific idea. Either March 4 or April 3 sounds good to me. Most people who read this site are from the US where we say April 3, whereas the vast majority of the world's countries would say 4 March.

I'm less sure about the book. It would be a difficult undertaking if we are successful in getting thousands of people to participate.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bhupinder2002

Thanks Amin
    So folks... 3rd April?? Any more suggestions??
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

16. thon410

thon410 Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 11, 2011
    Malaysia
    Let's have a poll!
    March 4th for me.

17. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    April 3rd.

I think the "March Forth" Army Day thing was cute, but if this is to be an International day then we should avoid infringing on somebody else's Army Day if possible. When I hear "Arpil Third" I think more of "Four-Thirds" than when I hear "March Fourth". Plus, April 3rd is more conducive to going out and taking photos for a lot of people around the world in colder climates. March 4th in countries like mine is still snow bound, and if the snow is melting then it's in that ugly slushy period. April 3rd is more likely to start showing spring beauty for those in colder climes, or maybe full summer greenery for those in warmer climes.

• Like Like x 1
  18. rex87

rex87 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2011
    winnipeg, mb
    Im ok with april 3rd.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bhupinder2002

thanks ...I agree 3rd April is perfect .
    cheers
    Bhupinder

20. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    Fantastic idea! April 3 has my vote, too.

As for the book... even if it's not a printed book it could still become a Kindle book. I'm looking into this for one of my own projects right now (I'm a retired copywriter) and would be willing to manage a 4/3 Kindle book project through completion with some help on layout and such (perhaps from SHREdD?).

In any event, I'm game to help out if folks want to go that way.