World Food Championships, Alabama

Discussion in 'Mu-43 Member Activities, Meetups, and Hangouts' started by MichaelSewell, Sep 4, 2016.

1. MichaelSewell

MichaelSewell Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 1, 2015
    Burnley, UK
    Michael A. Sewell
    ok, I realise this may be a little odd, but is there anyone likely to attend the World Food Championships at Orange Beach, Alabama this November?

If so, come and say hello.

I'm flying in to give a lecture on food photography, lighting and styling at the Food Bloggers Summit, which happens in the three days prior to the championships, and then I'm photographing the championships.
    I'll be there for a minimum of ten days, and I'd like to see a few faces from here in the flesh, so to speak.

This is their promo reel:

Anyway, if anyone can make it, let me know.

• Like Like x 1
  2. kauphymug

kauphymug Mu-43 Regular

May 1, 2015
    Cowford, Florida
    Do you get to eat any of the props? Especially the desserts? :dance4:

3. MichaelSewell

Sep 1, 2015
    Burnley, UK
    Michael A. Sewell
    I don't usually, and I really don't think it would be a good idea when considering I will be working for ten days

I think it could kill me!

4. Tall Guy

Tall Guy Mu-43 Regular

Sep 15, 2015
    Jeff H
    WOW...I would love to attend. If there is a slim chance I'm there I'll stop in and say hello. I actually live around 6 hours north of there. Wonderful area.

5. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    The last food convention I was at had a really amazing showcase of sugar free desserts, I could hardly believe how good some of the low fat froyo produced was (it didn't taste artificial at all and it still retained great texture despite the low fat and lack of sugar, in my eyes it was practically wizardry).

Good luck with the lecture, I generally love your tutorial style and I'm sure it will be awesome :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. MichaelSewell

Sep 1, 2015
    Burnley, UK
    Michael A. Sewell
    Thank you., but please don't start telling me about sugar free desserts and the like. My resolve has been built up over the last 38 years, and you're about to destroy it with those three words...................

Sugar

Free

Desserts!

:clapping:

• Like Like x 1
  7. MichaelSewell

Sep 1, 2015
    Burnley, UK
    Michael A. Sewell
    If you manage to get there, I'll quite likely be the only guy in a suit with a Brit accent. Come and say hello.

Oh, I'll be shorter than you, too!