Workflow involving iPad

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by dcginc, Mar 6, 2011.

1. dcginc

dcginc Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    Pdx orygun
    Ok right now I download my GF1 pixs/videos onto my mac mini at home via Aperture (3.xx) and iMovie.

I'm gunna buy an iPad next week and if I should want to offload GF1 data, pixs and vid's, while traveling onto iPad, what is the best way to get that content off the iPad back into the mac mini without compromising data integrity (I.e. Not having files compressed or lower res) ?

Does Aperture for iPad sync directly with desktop Aperture?

Thxs

2. dcginc

dcginc Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    Pdx orygun
  3. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    The tutorial is more about moving photos TO an iPad than from one. I haven't tried any RAW files but if you have Jpgs you can use Image Capture to move them from the iPad to the Mini. The few times my wife has had files to move from her iPad to one of our computers this was the method I used. I THINK Aperture 3 will also import them directly but I haven't tried it.

Scratch that, the 3.0.2 update does allow Aperture to import directly from an iPad.

I have read that if you import RAWS through iTunes they get converted to Jpgs but I have not tried it myself. This also may have been an older problem that has been fixed by one of the updates.

4. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    There are several threads on this already in the hardware section