Words Shadows/Highlights stopped appearing

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by isabel95, Jan 30, 2011.

1. isabel95

isabel95 Mu-43 Top Veteran

I like to use the Shadows/Highlights view when I'm shooting with my E-PL1 so I can set my exposure bias to avoid burnt out highlights.

I have enabled the view and can toggle through different views (e.g. histogram, nothing, shadows/highlights) when I'm shooting.

Lately, however, the words shadows/highlights has stopped appearing at the lower left of my screen or VF2.

I can't figure out what setting I might have changed to have those words disappear.

Anyone have an explanation for me?

2. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    Did you update the firmware?
  3. isabel95

I figured out why I didn't see SHADOW HI LITE...

those words only show in Playback Mode!

4. s0nus

s0nus Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 13, 2010
    I have an EPL-1, so I can check this for you. I'm on firmware 1.1. How do you get to what you're describing? I'm only familiar with the histogram, which can be displayed by pressing "Info" when in live view.
  5. isabel95

I've solved my problem....

The words SHADOW HI LIGHT only appear in playback mode...but if you want to enable the function so that you will get the red splotches appearing where you have overexposed areas, you have to go into Custom Menu D, DISP/PC, cursor right and scroll down to INFO SETTING, cursor right on the first two items INFO and LV-INFO.