Words Shadows/Highlights stopped appearing

isabel95

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I like to use the Shadows/Highlights view when I'm shooting with my E-PL1 so I can set my exposure bias to avoid burnt out highlights.

I have enabled the view and can toggle through different views (e.g. histogram, nothing, shadows/highlights) when I'm shooting.

Lately, however, the words shadows/highlights has stopped appearing at the lower left of my screen or VF2.

I can't figure out what setting I might have changed to have those words disappear.

Anyone have an explanation for me?

Isabel

s0nus

Mu-43 Veteran
I like to use the Shadows/Highlights view when I'm shooting with my E-PL1 so I can set my exposure bias to avoid burnt out highlights.

I have enabled the view and can toggle through different views (e.g. histogram, nothing, shadows/highlights) when I'm shooting.
I have an EPL-1, so I can check this for you. I'm on firmware 1.1. How do you get to what you're describing? I'm only familiar with the histogram, which can be displayed by pressing "Info" when in live view.

isabel95

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I've solved my problem....

The words SHADOW HI LIGHT only appear in playback mode...but if you want to enable the function so that you will get the red splotches appearing where you have overexposed areas, you have to go into Custom Menu D, DISP/PC, cursor right and scroll down to INFO SETTING, cursor right on the first two items INFO and LV-INFO.

Isabel

I have an EPL-1, so I can check this for you. I'm on firmware 1.1. How do you get to what you're describing? I'm only familiar with the histogram, which can be displayed by pressing "Info" when in live view.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom