Woolwich Dock - Sydney

PeterB666

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
Woolwhich Dock is a dry dock that was carved out of the rock in Sydney Harbour around 1900.

This is probably the most difficult photographic site I have done. It was late in the afternoon and most of the dock was in heavy shade. I tried HDR to get a decent dynamic range but was unable to do so without unsatisfactory artifacts. My preferred option of exposure fusion did not work as I had multiple boat masts etc. from the movement of the water.

The final shot was pulled together with a lot of luck and careful tweaking out of a single exposure and the application of a little increased saturation.

Composition wise, it isn't great but I was running out of daylight. The long narrow shape of the dock is very difficult to photograph.

Shot with my Olympus E-P1 and Olympus M.Zuiko 9-18mm lens set to 9mm. The exposure details are 1.3s at f/11 and ISO200.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Herman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi Peter ! Thanks for showing us Woolwich Dock, nice shot ! Watching down under from the low countries ! We can't live without internet . Enjoy your weekend.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom