Woohoo! Received the E-PL2 yesterday!

Y-V-E-S

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Yves Gajardo
So far I love how compact it is. Coming from using Nikon DSLR's the LCD screen resolution is not as i'm accustomed to. That's the only gripe I have about the camera. Other than that shooting in the manual modes is very nice. Although the majority of camera adjustments are menu driven it is VERY easy to get to (i'm used to having all the buttons accessible on the camera with Nikon). I may pick up another one for me , maybe wait for the EP-3,as this particular one is for my wife. I'd love to pick up a Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f/0.95 as well. I need to still purchase a D3s first as I need the speed and ISO performance. I'm having fun with this camera for the time being. :2thumbs:

5765049559_22cffc2ffa_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

iCamera HDR by yvesgajardo, on Flickr

timallenphoto

Mu-43 Veteran
Y-V-E-S said:
So far I love how compact it is. Coming from using Nikon DSLR's the LCD screen resolution is not as i'm accustomed to. That's the only gripe I have about the camera. Other than that shooting in the manual modes is very nice. Although the majority of camera adjustments are menu driven it is VERY easy to get to (i'm used to having all the buttons accessible on the camera with Nikon). I may pick up another one for me , maybe wait for the EP-3,as this particular one is for my wife. I'd love to pick up a Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f/0.95 as well. I need to still purchase a D3s first as I need the speed and ISO performance. I'm having fun with this camera for the time being. :2thumbs:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/yvesgajardo/5765049559/
iCamera HDR by yvesgajardo, on Flickr

I'd kill for that screen, the one on my E-P1 is almost as bad as the one on my 5D Mk1!

Y-V-E-S

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Yves Gajardo
Yeah the 5d MK1's screen is like Nikons D2x's... old technology. Even Nikon's flagship compact the P7000 has a 920k dot LCD screen. Oh well.

timallenphoto

Mu-43 Veteran
The 5D is of course old now, but it still produces lush images and is a great way to go full frame, I got mine at a bargain price and I love it to bits. Just glad it survived me dropping it last week when I destroyed my 50 1.4 :(

RT_Panther

Mu-43 Legend
Learn how to setup the SuperControlPanel - it will make changes much faster & easier :smile:

odsagn

Mu-43 Rookie
Learn how to setup the SuperControlPanel - it will make changes much faster & easier :smile:

I second this. All the reviews talk about how hard The E-PL2 is to fuss with . I never get that with SuperControl.

Have fun, I was so happy I upgraded to this from the E-PL1. It was totally worth it.:2thumbs:

flash

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Gordon
Yeah the 5d MK1's screen is like Nikons D2x's... old technology. Even Nikon's flagship compact the P7000 has a 920k dot LCD screen. Oh well.

You want a bad screen. Check out the one on the Leica M9 I just got. 7K and far worse than a 5D mk1. So bad that I'm not sure if I'm actually looking at the same image. But it does make my Pen screens look fantastic.

Gordon

Siobhan

New to Mu-43
I just recieved mine today, it si amazing. I am completely blown away by how good it is out of the box.
I hope its OK to post a couple of first shots/

Y-V-E-S

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Yves Gajardo
You want a bad screen. Check out the one on the Leica M9 I just got. 7K and far worse than a 5D mk1. So bad that I'm not sure if I'm actually looking at the same image. But it does make my Pen screens look fantastic.

Gordon

The M9 screen is that bad huh? I wouldn't care, it's an M9! :rofl:

Latest threads

Top Bottom