Wooden JB grip for em5

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by MRM, Mar 5, 2014.

1. MRM

MRM Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2013
    Seattle, WA
    I just got the wooden grip from JB and it is great. I don't know if it is a new product but I never saw it before and it's not listed on their website (only amazon). It is the only grip I have tried and I am very happy with it. The grip is very comfortable and makes me want to pick up the camera just to hold it. I was surprised how well the grip fits the Em5 considering it is wood. It also adds a nice unique look to the camera and is going to stay on the camera permanently. Anyone else use this grip?

image by mattmanzi, on Flickr

image by mattmanzi, on Flickr
    • Like Like x 1
  2. MisterE

MisterE New to Mu-43

Apr 7, 2014
    Hi MRM,
    I've seen it before when browsing for a grip and wondered about the ergonomics of it and the longevity of the thing in total. I was concerned about where the grip is mounted there are only 2 points above the battery door and just to the left of it in your last photo, where the stress is taken of holding it and the weight of an adapted lens might cause me to maybe loose grip, Or stress those enough to cause a crack. I may be over thinking the usage but I just don't know enough about the wood and is it worth not getting the similar aluminum version, the prices aren't to far off from each other. But I might have fell in love with the thing had I seen it in person. I sure is an interesting design.
  3. heedpantsnow

heedpantsnow Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 24, 2011
    Wow, nice. I have the Milich grip for the E-M5 and like it a lot. Yours looks really classy.