1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Wondering: which color EPM1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by WT21, Sep 20, 2011.

1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I've decided to give the EPM1 a whirl. I think strapping on a 14mm to that little camera is going to be a lot of fun. I think also that camera with the 45mm (WHENEVER it gets here), will be a lot of fun.

Just wondering which color: white or black.

Black of course is "unobtrusive" and classic, and more "manly" but if I'm carrying a camera that small, then manly's out the window anyway. Black body ships with a black lens.

White I think looks pretty cool, especially with silver lenses, but certainly draws attention just in general. White body ships with a silver lens.

Not sure if anyone can help me make the decision, lol, but I thought I'd ruminate here, and comments/thoughts are appreciated.

2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I'll vote for the more stealthy black, even though the shiny silver lenses kinda defeat the purpose. Also, not sure if this will be the same with the E-PM1's finish, but I have found that a weathered black or silver looks better than other colors. But yeah, white/silver looks dang cool. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I prefer black cameras, but for some reason I like the white E-PM1. I'd go white, it looks slick. :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  4. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    Don't forget the brown and purple options!

I think I'd go black. However, white with a silver lens, although more conspicuous, does look more like the point and shoot of "just a tourist" so overall it might let you blend in better. :biggrin:

5. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    I went with black instead of silver because I wasn't sure if E-PM1's silver is brushed aluminum or just paint. IMO, silver paint (like on E-PL1) doean't look good at all to me. If I was buying E-P3 I'd choose silver for sure.

6. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
  7. DDBazooka

DDBazooka Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    If you plan on getting a grip, I would go with white.

8. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    How come?

9. DDBazooka

DDBazooka Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    Just a personal preference. I don't think the white looks all that great with just white and silver, but if you add black to the mix...it just looks better :)

10. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    If the choice is only between black and silver... then black with the black lenses. The only other color I personally would consider would be silver.

11. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    I just ordered a White one.. I am going to put a Black after market Grip on it.. I l like Black as I have a EP3 that is Black.. so a little mixture is good..plus my EP3 came with Black lens, so I can switch them around.. LOL.. mix and match.. I like the EPL3 with the Flip screen... I wish the EP3 had one..

12. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    oh, I ordered the EPL3...white

13. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    I wish there was an OD Green/Silver option !!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. DDBazooka

DDBazooka Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    Please post a picture when you get them :)

15. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
  16. Pennyann

Pennyann Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 27, 2010
    Liverpool UK
    Seriously, what idiot would ebay something they just bought (can't be more than a week old) instead of returning it to the store....unless they got it for free?! Way to go Olympus. __________________
    Somebody madder than me I think.
    Have just read the review on the E-PM1 (mini) which I found very helpful, having had a Ep1 what seems like years ago and replaced with NEX5 kit lens and 16mm I'm seriously thinking of coming back to the Oly Pen's all ready owning the ZX-1.
    I also have the little fuji EXR F600 in white which I think would be very nice on the E-PM1.
    Thanks for all the info: folks.

17. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    I have a simple scale for camera colors:

Black = Serious

Silver = Semi-Serious

Other colors = Silly

Of course, a color such as red could also be Stealthy - in terms of fooling would-be thieves into believing you're using a $79 Casio....

:biggrin:

18. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    I got silver and threw an Aki-Asahi leatherette on it...I'll see if I can post a photo of it. It looks a lot like my old Olympus RC and Trip 35. Very cool IMHO.

19. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Why?

20. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    I have found the best deterrent for thieves is that they know that if the grab my camera it's going to hurt...a lot.