Wondering outloud: are there seasonal cameras?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by WT21, May 28, 2013.

1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I have a FF and OMD (also RX100). With the spring here, I want to get out and roam. But over the last 4 years, I've always ended up with a full frame camera usually by Halloween. In the past, I've perhaps mistakenly bought and sold my complete FF system.

I think I'm coming to understand that I like a FF camera for the holidays and in the winter, for indoors, for lots of flash use. But in the summer I want light and easy, and available light shooting.

Can there be "seasonal" systems. I'm trying to think of when I will use my FF camera again between now and October, and I'm not coming up with many scenarios.

If it is a seasonal thing -- should I sell the 6D body, but keep the lenses. Bodies lose value quickly. Maybe keep the lens and flash head in storage, and rebuy a FF body again in September.

Anyone else find they use certain cameras in certain seasons?

2. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    After Labor Day I only use my black cameras.

3. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    LOL Gary. Now I can't even take the question seriously :wink:

I don't have seasonal cameras, but I do have situational cameras. Each camera has its strengths, I just pick the right gear for where I'm going and what I expect to be doing. I don't think there's any particular seasonal correlation for me, but YMMV depending on what kind of stuff you shoot.

4. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    One of the red Pens for Christmas, definitely.

5. My Nikon D90 was a fall camera...

after the fall I bought a D7000 :redface:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.