1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

WonderCon 2016 Cosplay Music Video

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by dphotog, Mar 28, 2016.

1. dphotog

dphotog Mu-43 Regular

Aug 13, 2013
    First time Using a DJI Ronin M with my Gh3. I have 10 years experience using a Glidecam and this surprised me just how great device the electronic stabilized gimbals gives the camera. I hope you enjoy the video.

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 12
  2. ApGfoo

ApGfoo Mu-43 Regular

Dec 10, 2012
    Bay Area
    What a fun gig. Yeah those motorized gimbals are something else. I just got one called the MS1 Beholder that works well.

I don't have much experience with it but I may try to get some some dynamic shots with it soon.

by chance, there's an expo of sorts coming up in San Jose, ca in May I wonder if you'll be around for that ha!

3. Zancrow

Zancrow Mu-43 Regular

Jul 16, 2014
    Awesome video. Glad to see another cosplay photog on this forum ;). Will you be coming to Fanime in May?

4. dphotog

dphotog Mu-43 Regular

Aug 13, 2013
    I will indeed be at Fanime. I was lucky by chance to get a motel...the new badge policy sort of threw a curveball to alot of folks inorder to even get a hotel room. I usually just get a badge on sunday there...

5. Zancrow

Zancrow Mu-43 Regular

Jul 16, 2014
    I hear you. I would've register sooner if I knew that was coming, luckily one of my friends got a room at the Fairmont.

6. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    Nice! Do you think that Glidecams and Steadicams will eventually go the way of the dodo bird?

7. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    Nicely done.

8. TaoStory

TaoStory Mu-43 Regular

May 12, 2014
    Benton Harbor, Michigan
    Tom Remisoski
    Wow! I shoot the C2E2 event in Chicago but I'm still perfecting my methods. It looks like you have some great light to work with. Nice video and great cosplayers!

Any pointers on strobes or other lighting? Or do you rely mostly on natural light?

9. dphotog

dphotog Mu-43 Regular

Aug 13, 2013
    Natural Lighting but the lighting that comes inside the lobby of the LACC comes out defused and nice. I shoot f4-f5.6 and on close ups ill shoot like 2.8 for some nice bokeh shots but u only get side to side shots at that range. Also I would shoot anywhere from 200iso-600 or 800 Gh3 is not the best low light camera so :/ Outside i would usually use a Variable ND filter but I was extremely lazy. Nokton Voigtlander Lens gives off a great look.

10. dphotog

dphotog Mu-43 Regular

Aug 13, 2013
    Yes I do after experiencing a simple DJI Ronin more and more behind the scenes you see rigs using them. The only time I see hydronic professional steadicams now are on TV shows. Anything remotely to do with films be it independent or shorts or full length u see the electronically stabilized gyros

11. aphasiac

aphasiac Mu-43 Regular

Oct 18, 2015
    Taiwan
    Great vid!

Being a total video newb, what lenses / focal lengths work best for a video like this, where it's all dynamic people shots?

Also how do you get the slowed- down effect; are you shooting at 60fps then playing the video at 30fps?

12. dphotog

dphotog Mu-43 Regular

Aug 13, 2013
    I used a 17.5 Nokton voigtlander which is a 35mm in full frame terms. i am shooting in 60fps usually at 5.6 but i also tend to use a Variable ND filter outside when it gets to bright.

13. Clemo

Clemo Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2015
    Henry
    That snow white twirl ....