"Wonder Camera Concept"

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Herman, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    New concept, click here.
    Comments are welcome, thanks in advance.

2. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Wonder why it looks like a kettle?
    Wonder if that backpack is necessary?
    Wonder how it differs from a superzoom bridge cam?

I like this game! :biggrin: thanks for the link Herman - couldn't tell much from the 42 image slide show, but innovation is good! :2thumbs:

A bit more context here.

<param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/zfsGb9SDcCU&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/zfsGb9SDcCU&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed>

Cheers

Brian

3. hmpws

hmpws Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2010
    Auckland, New Zealand
    I suppose there will come a point where pixel density is so high, all you need is digital zoom.

4. naturecloseups

naturecloseups Mu-43 Regular

Jun 10, 2010
    It seems to be a prototype of the rumored Canon APS-C sensored "all-in-one" bridgecam.

Olympus tried similar concept with 35mm film cameras during the 90s if some might remember. Those were the IS series -- IS-1, IS-2, IS-3, IS-200 etc. I liked the IS-3 the most and it had a cracking sharp lens (yes, the boring high standards of Olympus) but I don't know if these concepts will work in present times. Only if it is waterproof to a certain depth some UW photographers might find it useful.

Can't say I like the design though -- seems to have been dropped from an UFO by aliens having eyes at the ends of their antennae.

5. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Acc to me: camera takes video from which one can extract their photo.
    Like: filming with for example a GH1 equiped with ultra wide lens and extracting a lower resolution picture from it.