Wombarra Rock Pool

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by PeterB666, May 6, 2010.

1. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    This is Wombarra Beach, or more specifically the rock pool located at the southern end of the beach. Wombarra is a small, former coal mining villiage located about 50km south of Sydney.

At this end of the world, the days are getting shorter which means that I can sleep in a bit more before taking a pre-dawn shot but it is also getting colder, especially when there is a fresh breeze blowing.

This shot was taken about 20 minutes before 'first light' with my Olympus E-P1 and Panasonic 20mm f/1.7. It is a 50 second exposure at f/8 and ISO200. There are no filters and minimal post-processing - just a light splattering of noise removal. I like the angled light halo (not quite the right word but I couldn't think of a better term) which is probably due to very fine spray driven by the wind from the sea.

After a 5 week holiday, I have to give up these early morning shots during the week and return to the salt mines. I have to pay for my Olympus 9-18mm M.Zuiko which has just been ordered and I hope to have in a little over a week's time.

Cheers

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Lovely, Peter. Thank you so much. I'm going to miss seeing these early morning shots of yours - but can't wait to see what you do with that new lens.

3. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    I will try about one a month but I am preying for global warming during winter and global cooling during summer.

I expect I will be returning to some of my previous crime scenes with the new lens (cannot wait) to reshoot wider and closer.