Woman in the Dunes

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by JohnMetsn, Nov 26, 2011.

1. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

I'm sure there will be some people, who will not like me for this misleading Title hoping for nice woman curves on sunny beach.

Let me explain it. Woman in the Dunes (砂の女) is a great book by famous Japanese writer Abe Kōbō and similarly great movie. [ame="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058625/"]Woman in the Dunes (1964) - IMDb@@AMEPARAM@@http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTk4MTkyOTU5Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTEzNjk0MQ@@._V1._SX99_SY140_.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@BMTk4MTkyOTU5Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTEzNjk0MQ@@@@AMEPARAM@@SX99@@AMEPARAM@@SY140[/ame] Probably one of my most favorite movie in general.

I always wanted to visit the place, where this movie was taken. Unfortunately, that's not possible anymore, as nuclear power plant was built there. But I was able to visit similarly stunning place in Japan called Tottori sakyū, to find out later, that in fact this place was inspiration for Abe Kōbō to write the book.

I took many pictures...but I gotta say that my most favorite were taken by my wife, when I lent her my GF1 with 20mm...

So no woman on these pics...just me and my son...cheers :smile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Great shots & thanks for the tale..:smile:

• Like Like x 1
  3. pancake

pancake Mu-43 Regular

Aug 10, 2010
    UK south East
    love the symmetry in #4.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

Thank you guys...I was surprised by the geometry myself, as these shots were not staged at all :smile:

5. Great series, I really love #5

• Like Like x 1
  6. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Your wife is a talented photographer... and the GF1 is no slouch, either.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

Thank you both :smile:

My wife was surely happy with your compliment, Biro :smile: Hopefully, she'll still let me use my GF1...