WNBA Season Finale: Silver Stars vs Dream: (Updated With In-Game Shots)

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by RT_Panther, Sep 16, 2013.

1. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  3. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    Good captures, however something about the white balance doesn't quite appeal to me... it's probably just the flourescent light though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Thanks & I'll take 100% credit for the poor post-processing too (you won't hear me blame the equipment)...:redface:

5. tr0mb0n3

tr0mb0n3 New to Mu-43

Nice shots! As someone who's been eyeing the E-PL5 for a while, I've read that it doesn't do as well with action photography. What do you do to capture that quick movement so well?

• Like Like x 1
  6. redington

redington Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2012
    Nice shots!

I am very excited to see what my Lynx can do in the playoffs.

7. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Thanks but you should see the size of my recycle bin. :biggrin:
    Anyways, what seemed to work best for me at this event was to shoot in continuous autofocus mode with high-speed burst.

8. rbelyell

rbelyell Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 15, 2013
    Mountains of NY
    i think the clariity of these given the low light and action nature are just great. i agree about the WB--too yellow/green.

can you discuss the iso and aperture you used? i am expecting my epl5/oly 45/1.8 any day now and your shots have whetted my whistle!

9. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Copy that. I'll see what I can do for future post-processing on the white balance. :smile:

All shots were with my M. Zuiko 75mm at ƒ1.8. 1/1600 shutter speed was used most of the time at ISO 800

10. rbelyell

rbelyell Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 15, 2013
    Mountains of NY
    i,m amazed at the in focus DOF you got with a 75mm lens at 1.8! thats amazing. i have a zeiss biotar 75/1.5 and i seemingly get a little less DOF at 2.8...

and the iso800 clarity is very encouraging. do you find IQ noticeably deteriorates with the epl5 at 1600?

• Like Like x 1
  11. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    There is a visible difference between 800 & 1600. Whether or not the deterioration is palatable is up to the user. :smile:

That being said, I've shot quite a few shots at 1600 that I have no issues with. :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  12. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Edit: I forgot to mention that I also used the smaller focus point size. I don't know if this was a good thing or not but that's what I went with. :redface: