WNBA Season Finale: Silver Stars vs Dream: (Updated With In-Game Shots)

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by RT_Panther, Sep 16, 2013.

1. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    • Like Like x 3
  2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    • Like Like x 2
  3. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    Good captures, however something about the white balance doesn't quite appeal to me... it's probably just the flourescent light though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Thanks & I'll take 100% credit for the poor post-processing too (you won't hear me blame the equipment)...:redface:

5. tr0mb0n3

tr0mb0n3 New to Mu-43

Nice shots! As someone who's been eyeing the E-PL5 for a while, I've read that it doesn't do as well with action photography. What do you do to capture that quick movement so well?

• Like Like x 1
  6. redington

redington Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2012
    Nice shots!

I am very excited to see what my Lynx can do in the playoffs.

7. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Thanks but you should see the size of my recycle bin. :biggrin:
    Anyways, what seemed to work best for me at this event was to shoot in continuous autofocus mode with high-speed burst.

8. rbelyell

rbelyell Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 15, 2013
    Mountains of NY
    i think the clariity of these given the low light and action nature are just great. i agree about the WB--too yellow/green.

can you discuss the iso and aperture you used? i am expecting my epl5/oly 45/1.8 any day now and your shots have whetted my whistle!

9. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Copy that. I'll see what I can do for future post-processing on the white balance. :smile:

All shots were with my M. Zuiko 75mm at ƒ1.8. 1/1600 shutter speed was used most of the time at ISO 800

10. rbelyell

rbelyell Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 15, 2013
    Mountains of NY
    i,m amazed at the in focus DOF you got with a 75mm lens at 1.8! thats amazing. i have a zeiss biotar 75/1.5 and i seemingly get a little less DOF at 2.8...

and the iso800 clarity is very encouraging. do you find IQ noticeably deteriorates with the epl5 at 1600?

• Like Like x 1
  11. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    There is a visible difference between 800 & 1600. Whether or not the deterioration is palatable is up to the user. :smile:

That being said, I've shot quite a few shots at 1600 that I have no issues with. :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  12. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Edit: I forgot to mention that I also used the smaller focus point size. I don't know if this was a good thing or not but that's what I went with. :redface:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.