• Please note: A site subscription is required to start a new listing in our Buy & Sell forum. There is an option to subscribe for a month for $5 if you would like to sell something without a longer subscription.

All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

[EXPIRED] Withdrawn: Mint Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm lens (Price dropped)

Buy/Sell feedback for Porky4 (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porky4

Mu-43 Regular
This lens was purchased new by me from Mathers of Lancashire less than 3 months ago and after little use is still in as new condition. The lens was purchased unboxed (it was split from a GH1 kit), but includes the Lumix soft case, Lumix flower petal hood and both end caps. I will also include a Kood 62mm Skylight filter which has been on the lens since day 1.

New, this lens sells boxed for between £680 and £800 (genuine UK stock), this is a great opportunity to pick up an as new, UK stock lens, less that 3 month old for a great saving. I will supply Mathers' receipt to the successful purchaser.

Price: Now withdrawn.

Reason for selling - purchased a Nikon D90.

4642673232_7057ef121a_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Paul :cool:

Porky4

Mu-43 Regular
It would appear that one, or two, people think that my asking price is too high, although I have not received any PMs (polite, or otherwise) as suggested by the rules of this forum.

So I have decided to do a little extra research:

There are, indeed, a few new 14-140 lenses available for sale on the UK version of the well-known auction site :biggrin: at under £600. The cheapest that I can find is £575, but it comes from Japan. :eek: The others under £600 are also from Japan or Taiwan. One that I looked at had a Japanese manual and a "One-Year Japanese Limited Warranty Card" and another states "Product comes with 1 year warranty (valid only in Japan)" and all have to be returned to Japan (or Taiwan) in the event of a problem with the lens. Of course, customs duty and VAT may be payable on any of these lenses if you're prepared to take a gamble.

So, I don't feel that my lens is particularly overpriced considering it's age, condition and source, but I am open to (reasonable) offers.

Porky4

Mu-43 Regular
As there is a post on here with the lens in a similar condition to this one, I'm dropping the price of my lens to £500 inc RMSD.

Porky4

Mu-43 Regular
OK folks. Last couple of days on here before I withdraw the lens and start using it again. It's too good a lens to sell cheaply, or not use.

kiynook

Mu-43 Regular
agreed with you on the part that it is a good lens. I got one a few months and cost me USD1248 new. One of my favorite shot below and is now on my laptop's desktop.

Impromptu shot with E-P2 hand held for 1/8 second using F8 on ASA 800. Original is very sharp so Soft Focus took it to another level...Yes, I like the number 8. ;-)

7035812-1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ulfric M Douglas

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I hear it is a good lens.
My Lumix G1 is temporarily a one-lens device so ...
Hey Ulfric, you've had time to recover from the weekend by now! You going to buy it then? :wink:...
I was never in the market for a huge-range zoom, it just isn't my cup of tea.
Good luck with using it some more!
I hope this isn't breaking the guidelines! :eek: I wanna see what posts got removed : were they just hagglish price comments?

I just had a thought;
What if (like the G1 --> G2) the LENS on the next GH1 (GH2?) isn't quite as good as the older 14-140 ... hmm? Maybe this is a lens to keep or sell once it becomes a rare sought-after no-longer-sold-as-kit item eh?
Something to think about.

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Yes, Ulfric, that's basically why they were removed. Everyone needs to remember that this is the classified section AKA The Market Place and all those guidelines apply. It's not really the place for a discussion, either. Better to start a thread out in the main forums for that kind of thing.:wink:

Back to the sale that Paul is hoping to make.:2thumbs:

Porky4

Mu-43 Regular
I just had a thought;
What if (like the G1 --> G2) the LENS on the next GH1 (GH2?) isn't quite as good as the older 14-140 ... hmm? Maybe this is a lens to keep or sell once it becomes a rare sought-after no-longer-sold-as-kit item eh?
Something to think about.
Hi Ulfric,

You may be right, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Panasonic's marketing department seem all over the place and who knows what they are going to do.

I think that I am going to withdraw the 14-140 and use it. The problem is I've just bought a Nikon D90 for it's (much) better high ISO performance and wider range of available lenses, so the G1 isn't going to be used that much. I had hoped to sell the 14-140 for a reasonable price and keep the G1, the 14-45 and the legacy lenses I've got for "playing", if that isn't considered a heretical thing to do! :eek:

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom