1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

COMPLETED Withdrawing Sale Offer..

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by MrDoug, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    This was a Bad for Sale offer.. I will never try to sell anything on this forum again.. I will take it. then 10 minutes later.. I will pass.. etc. that forces me to say.. well I have another person interested and trying to be nice.. I love the forum, however I guess I just had bad experience trying to sell something and be fair to everyone.. hard to explain here.. If they say I take it.. then they should stick with their word.... frustrating.. If I tell someone .. I will take it .. I will take it.. and not back down.. I told 2 other people today it was sold and the orignal buyer comes back and says.. no.. I changed my mind.. that is not how I do business.. JUST MY TWO CENTS.
    Doug

• Like Like x 1
  2. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I can understand your frustration Mr Doug. I've had people say "I'll want it", but not buy it and on the other side of the coin I've had people say I'm interested in it and then they've been furious when I sold it (without a firm commitment to buy....or payment received).

I think you just need to tighten up your tolerances a bit and not be a nice guy when selling. It is for sale. When someone "buys" it.....you have the money....then the sale is complete.

Don't give up yet. It's nice to have a venue to sell without commisssions.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Agree with Luke. If you want it, send the money now. Otherwise, it's still up for sale. I also have been offered by others to "hold" an item for me. I always say I couldn't do that to someone, because I could change my mind. If I want it, I'll send money, if I don't, then don't wait for me. It's not fair to you (the seller). Just my opinion.

• Like Like x 4
  4. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Yes, frustrating for sure.. Oh well.. but what a ya going to do? :smile:

5. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    Though I haven't sold anything here but have bought a lot of stuff from here and sold most of my stuff on craigslist. I'd agree with WT21. If a buyer wants it badly enough, he/she will pay for it and take it. Else, too bad for the buyer, someone else paid for it. Like Luke said, you'll have to be a little tough as a seller :). This is a wonderful forum for you to sell micro four thirds stuff, so don't give up on it yet.

6. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    I'm learning here.. for sure. I appreciate all your great feedbacks from your past experiences. slow learner here.. it always takes me awhile to catch on is what my 5th grade teacher told me.. LOL
    Doug

7. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Haven't tried to sell anything here, but I have purchased several items and always paid as soon as the seller accepted my offer. I tend to trust the folks on this site more than any other. My experiences have been very positive thus far. Sorry yours have not been as good. :frown:

8. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    sorry for the bad experience.... all purchasers need to pay
    to get the item. Until then it's up to the first actual customer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.