Wirgin Weissbaden 135mm

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by lubov, Dec 3, 2011.

1. lubov

lubov Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 4, 2011
    Hi just saw one of these the other day and was in two minds wether to buy it. It fad a 2X converter attached.
    I did look it up but couldn't find out much, anybody have any experience of these?

2. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Sounds interesting. Did a quick search but didn't find much. It's an M42 mount lens, right? Not one of their film lenses? Overall, the 135mm lens was very easy to make, so there are many great ones, but you can almost never go wrong by buying vintage German! I say go for it, as long as it looks decent.

3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Is this a virgin with a bad lisp? ;)

What's the aperture of this lens?

4. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    probably helps to know that is "Wiesbaden"
    I am not sure if Weissbaden exists
    at a quick glance they have m42 and other mounts, so not guaranteed that it is m42
    Wirgin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the 135 is not mentioned much online-- you can find a few (film) pics taken with it on Flickr

I guess it all depends on how much it costs and whether it is cheap enough to give it a try... myself, the only 135 I have is a Soviet Jupiter 37a from 1980, bought as new old stock on EBay. I find it is a really nice lens, and quite affordable and easy to find, if you are in Europe, that is... not sure elsewhere

beware those 2x converters can be quite crappy

5. lubov

lubov Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 4, 2011
    Thanks everyone, yes sorry I was aware of the correct spelling and had done all the google checks before I posted and come up with the same i.e wiki,flickr shots. Just wondered if anyone had had any experience using the lens.
    Yes it is m42 mount f2.8. if it is still there tomorrow might take a punt.