1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Wireless trigger on the E-P3

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by gadiper, Aug 20, 2013.

1. gadiper

gadiper Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 20, 2013
    Hey guys ,

I've searched for information over the internet and google led me here , a whole forum dedicated to this format - sweet.

Recently I tried using wireless flash triggers to use on my E-P3 with the Vivitar 285HV.

What happens is that it doesn't work while mounted on the camera hotshoe.
    While off-camera the trigger works and everything is fine.

When mounting it on the camera it triggers the flash once and then goes 'numb' it doesn't trigger when I press the shutter button , this happens both with the Cowboy studio trigger and Cactus V5.

Does anyone has any idea why that happens ? I really have no idea what to do..

Thanks a lot!

Gadi

2. RamblinR

RamblinR Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2012
    Sunshine Coast, Qld Australia
    Maria
    I have these triggers and they work fine.
    Make sure you have them pushed firmly into the hotshoe.

3. gadiper

gadiper Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 20, 2013
    Does yours also trigger when you mount it on the hotshoe?
    I will try to press it more tightly on the hotshoe, could be that the hotshoe is damaged? I dont believe so because the EVF is working and because it triggers the flash when first mounting it on.

Any more advice guys?

4. RamblinR

RamblinR Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2012
    Sunshine Coast, Qld Australia
    Maria
    Hmmmm.

You have the one in the hotshot set for transmitter and the other for receiver - CHECK
    Pushed well into hotshot - CHECK
    You have your camera flash setting on force flash - I think it's called fill flash? (don't know if this will make a difference but if there is enough light and you don't have this set it will not be triggering anything in the hotshot)
    Yes they tend to trigger when pushing them in as you are hitting the firing pin on the way into the shoe.

Don't know what else it could be other than that flash setting.
    I'm thinking this could be it because when I was trying to use an olympus flash in the shoe as fill flash it would not fire until I changed that setting in the flash settings.