Wireless trigger for my G5

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Shaun Watters, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Shaun Watters

Shaun Watters New to Mu-43

Jan 23, 2016
    Hi everyone,

Ive just got a set of pawn wireless triggers for my G5 which work fine until i plug the transmitter into the hotshoe when both indicators turn green and refuse to work until unplugged from the hotshoe. Im at a loss at what to do to get them working and im hoping someone can point me in the right direction!

Thanks in advance!

2. Your hotshoe may be triggering one of the leads on the bottom of the trigger. Try putting a piece of black vinyl electrical tape on the bottom of the trigger. If that won't work because the trigger becomes too tight in the shoe, get a little hot shoe adapter like this one: NP11131 . I have a similar problem with Yongnuo transceivers and this did the trick for me. (Though I am not sure this is the exact adapter I purchased.)

Another even easier option is to simply slide the trigger back in the shoe about 1/8", just enough so that the contacts of the camera and trigger are misaligned. What you are trying to do is prevent the shoe from communicating with the trigger. Otherwise, the camera will sense that there is a flash in place and will limit your top shutter speed to 1/160, a different and additional problem!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  3. Shaun Watters

Jan 23, 2016
    thanks for the advice! i have actually got them working by turning off the electronic shutter for some reason!

4. danelkins

danelkins Mu-43 Veteran

The Electronic Shutter doesn't work with flash so it is disconnected in the system.

5. kingduct

kingduct Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 12, 2013
    Can either of you recommend a cheap wireless trigger for the G5? I'd be happy with generic no-name from China, but don't know anything about wireless triggers.

6. danelkins

danelkins Mu-43 Veteran

I have this one for my G6 which should be the same for G5. From Amazon. And it worked at 100+ feet direct line of sight.
    PIXEL Oppilas/RW-221/L1 Wireless Shutter Remote Control

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Shaun Watters

Jan 23, 2016
  8. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    Some of the Youngnuo hardware can remote trigger the shutter, as well as flashes.

Barry

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Yongnuo RF605C will remote shutter (with a cable you have to purchase separately) AND trigger a flash at the same time, which is kind of neat. You can tripod mount the camera and then walk around freely with a flash on the remote trigger to illuminate difficult areas. BTW, the G7 has remote operation through a cell phone including a live view of the camera's viewfinder.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1