1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Wireless remote that doesn't use specialized batteries

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by ohaya, May 1, 2016.

1. ohaya

ohaya Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2016
    Hi,

I'm looking for a wireless remote that would work with both an E-P3 and E-PL2 (it would be nice if it also worked with a Panasonic G3 also) that doesn't require specialized batteries like the CR2, e.g., would like AAA.

I found this old thread here:

Wireless remote control for E-PL2?

but I can't find anything about a "Pixel" remote shutter yet.

Thanks!

Jim

2. ohaya

ohaya Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2016
    Hi,

Ok, I think I figured it out. It seems that there are different cables that you can get with that remote setup, for different cameras/camera families.

So you can buy the one on Amazon that has the cable for (some) Olympus cameras and get a cable for (some) Panasonic cameras, or vice-versa.

So I just ordered the one for Panasonic:

Amazon.com: PIXEL Oppilas/RW-221/L1 Wireless Shutter Remote Control: Camera & Photo

and also bought the cable for Oly:

Amazon.com : Pixel CL-UC1 Remote Cable for TC-252 TW-282 TF-364 374 RW-221 : Camera Flash Synch Cords : Camera & Photo

Re. batteries: I guess "specialized" was probably not the right word. I prefer to be able to use rechargeables so this one works with AAA.

Thanks,
    Jim

3. ohaya

ohaya Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2016
    Hi,

I finally received this. I got one for Panasonic and an add'l cable for Olympus cameras.

The remote shutter works with my Oly E-P3 so far, but I am having a problem to get it installed on my Panasonic DMC-G2. The "receiver" part is supposed to slide into the camera hotshoe, and then there's cable that goes from the receiver module to the remote shutter on the side of the G2.

The problem is that, for some reason, the receiver won't slide into the G2 hotshoe. The hotshoe seems way too tight (the receiver slid into the Oly E-P3 hotshoe easily), and I'm afraid I'm going to damage the hotshoe.

Does any one know if the dimensions of the hotshoe should be so different between a DMC-G2 and an Oly E-P3?

I have an email to the seller, but I'm thinking that I could dremel the part of the receiver that slides into the hotshoe just a tiny bit...

Thanks,
    Jim

4. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    The receiver foot serves no other purpose than a means to hold it in a hot or cold shoe. If the remote works with both cameras, then I would just double check sizes and file or sand the receiver foot to fit on both cameras. Wait till the seller responds, they may just send you another.

5. ohaya

ohaya Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2016
    That's good advice. It's just frustrating (and ironic) that I bought the pany version and the oly cable, but it fits the oly but not the pany.