Wireless Remote Shutter Release for OMD

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by abiogyee, Apr 9, 2013.

1. abiogyee

abiogyee Mu-43 Regular

Jan 11, 2012
    Can I use the yongnuo rf-603 to control shutter release on the omd? Does it come with right cable interface for the omd?
  2. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    From what I can tell, as is you cannot do so.

I will be switching to these when the YN-560 III's come out and will try it with a cable from FlashZebra (part of their wired remote shutter cable). If the pinning is right, it *should* work... maybe. It's a big if though.

I have a cactus cable for my V5, but it's 3.5mm vs 2.5mm. Not sure how lucky I'd get with stepping it down, but might try that if I can find an adapter.
  3. inkista

inkista Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 13, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    No. Yongnuo only really has cable releases for Canon/Nikon.

You can add the appropriate cable to a Cactus V5, though.
  4. owczi

owczi nareteV 34-uM

There is also the SMDV RFN-4 (RF-902) that supports the 2.5mm cables and comes in an Olympus version that I'm looking to get. It allows you to attach the receiver to something like the camera strap, so you can keep your hotshoe free.

Because I don't do studio work, my preferred use for a wireless remote would be candid shots. And I can't understand why nobody came up with a tiny receiver that slots into the side of your camera and is only slightly bigger than the USB plug. I don't want to carry a camera with a Doppler radar on it!

My ideal solution would be a small "slice" attachment that connects to the bottom of your OM-D where the grip goes (even between the two parts of the grip). You have all the contacts in the bottom of the camera.
  5. 100avchd

100avchd Mu-43 Regular

Apr 8, 2013
    dear friend i have buy for my om-d em-5 one fantastic wireless remote controll timer
    brand pixel tw-282
    i think this model is the best buy.
    bye 100avchd

my transmitter can 'be connected directly to the camera via the cable, this is' another interesting feature.

euro price 66 with tax shipping to italy
  6. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    I use Aputure exclusively. Great range and low cost. I have a set of the older TrigMaster 2.4g and the later Trigmaster Plus. The Plus are amazing TRANSCEIVERS and every unit can be either a transmitter, receiver or both at the same time.

In fact, with a Plus unit mounted on the camera, it will function as a remote release receiver, and also trigger wireless flash when your camera fires. Great stuff.
  7. owczi

owczi nareteV 34-uM

Why do the receivers have to be so massive!!! (talking mu43 scale here).
  8. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    Also available via Amazon with 2 good reviews.

At least if you get via Amazon you can get a refund if it doesn't work, but this is actually one I was looking at, but I am not convinced I need wireless, so might get a cabled option for what I need at only £6

9. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    The TrigMaster 2.4g II (still available) are not. The transceivers are a little different and are bigger -- but I still would not call them big, lol.

The flexibility of having any unit work as recv/transmit or relay can be invaluable if you have a unit fail on you and it's your only transmitter for instance.