1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Wireless remote control + screen for PEN's

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Pan Korop, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Pan Korop

Pan Korop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    Phare Ouest
    I chanced upon it on eBay. The name was:

Aputure Gigtube Wireless

200 € for, er, a what? Auto punctured tubeless?

Nay, it's a Chinese radio remote-control for Olympus cameras--those with the micro-USB connector.

One part sits atop the camera on the hot shoe, with a wire connected to the USB. Can't call it a receiver, since it transmits the liveview video.

The other half looks like a P&S camera, the size of an E-P1 stripped of its lens, but much lighter (< 190g). You get a big remote screen--3.5", 210000 pix--not very bright nor color-accurate, but complete with a removable folding hood to protect it from sunlight and scratches.

One two-step button atop the body does the focus and release. Hand-held, it feels and handles just like a P&S camera but, yes, they thought of a tripod hole.

Punctured_tubeless.

Finally, it works. They say up to 100m distance from the camera, but this I didn't verify. Great for self-portraits, shooting from up on a mast/pole, sports from dangerous vantage points, "candid" shots, etc.

It should find some use with nature photographers, as well as on drones, RC model cars or helicopters, etc.

Finally I guess that some E-P1 (etc.) video users could put it to use as a compensation for the lack of a tiltable screen à la Lumix G1.

I understand there are other versions for liveview-capable Canons and Nikons.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.