Wireless release remote recommendation? (low budget)

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ductrung3993, Jul 8, 2015.

1. ductrung3993

ductrung3993 Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 3, 2015
  2. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  3. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Do you have an android or iphone? Use the remote wi-fi app for free!
  4. JudyM

JudyM Mu-43 All-Pro

May 5, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I have one that looks just like that. Mine is branded with Rainbow Imaging's name, but I've seen them under at least several other names. I bought it 5 or 6 years ago for my GF1, and it has been very reliable and easy on batteries. When I bought my E-M1, I was able to just buy a new connecting cord with a connector to fit the Olympus, instead of having to buy another remote. Now I just switch cables depending on which camera I want to use it with.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ductrung3993

Jul 3, 2015
    I have an Android. What is the software?
  6. listers_nz

listers_nz Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 22, 2013
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ductrung3993

Jul 3, 2015
  8. mach330

mach330 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    The OC
    I tried my phone but everytime I connect to my phone . Camera has that barcode screen even tho I'm connected already and it doesn't quite work .ill trigger it but it won't do anything .albeit I was only trying it on live composite mode. Haven't tried it with regular camera mode.
  9. alan1972

alan1972 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Malaga, Spain
    Alan Grant
    Mach330 - I think you may be trying to use Live Composite with the Live View remote mode, where it is not available. To trigger Live Composite remotely you need to change to Remote Shutter mode. You should then see the normal display on the camera screen, which you use to set up the shot - everything except actually pressing the shutter. That bit you can now do with the virtual shutter button on your phone. It is not quite as flexible as having full Live View control with the phone, but it achieves the single most important aspect of triggering the shutter without any physical contact.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. tg9413

tg9413 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2014
    Probably not wireless, but try this thing called trigger trap. It has apps for both iOS and Android, it's a wired trigger dongle and the app itself has many way of triggering off the shutter including sound detection, motion detection with camera on phone, vibration detection , and it can also delay shutter etc... I have mine shipped for $28 bucks from their site for panasonic model. If you are handy enough you can even make the dongle yourself, I think they have a tutorial somewhere on how to assemble one. But after getting all the parts etc... from radio shack you are not too far off from just buying off them with a much nicer package :x

The one of the best cheap toy I bought for photography last 2 years. You can do some neat effect with it if you hook it up to a flash light. and oh, the app works better on iOS