Wireless flash control

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Iansky, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    I just picked up the Olympus wireless flash controller the other day (OE01F), it is great and works well so now able to do great off camera flash.
  2. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium

a little confused..... what wireless flash controller are you talking about?

3. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    I'm wondering also. I did a search on "Olympus OE01F" and this page was the only hit.
  4. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    SE Essex, UK
    April 1st???? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
  5. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    So what this is, is an infrared repeater (like a device used for home entertainment systems when you want to use the remote control in another room, if your entire house s wired for sound from one surce).

Smart in a way in that you only need one system for all cameras and no need to decode proprietary flash codes, but bad in a way that Oly users still have to use their internal or external flash to send the code to the device, and that you have to position sensors.
  6. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

7. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Yep. Similar to what Radio Poppers have been doing for Canikon for years.

8. mdg

mdg New to Mu-43

Aug 22, 2012
    Can it be used on OM-D in TTL mode?

Does anybody have experience of using this trigger on OM-D in TTL mode?
    It looks for me, that it will be possible to use these triggers in manual flash mode only.
    For TTL shooting they use AB-N1 Hotshoe Bracket and IR Panel, which should be mounted on camera's hotshoe socket. Since OM-D's "built-in" flash sits on this socket, I don't see how it could be possible to mount this AB-N1 Hotshoe Bracket at the same time.
  9. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Ignore the "electrical contact" on the hotshoe...it's only that to hold the device in the shoe, or the plastic holder.

All the flash information is sent via the IR receiver on the camera, and the IR transmitter on the slave flashes!