1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Wired shutter release for the GH2?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by tanngrisnir3, Oct 31, 2011.

1. tanngrisnir3

tanngrisnir3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    I checked out the Panny page and found that there's is around $50, which while I could pay that, seems like highway robbery for something so simple.

Any suggestions of other off-brand or generic ones?

2. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
  3. Danny_Two

Danny_Two Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2010
    London
    Tons on ebay, Ive got a cheap and cheerful one, does the job and can be locked open.
    i only bought it for storm photography, unfortunately I live in a part of the world that never has storms.
    :rolleyes: 

For night photography I usually just use the self timer set to two seconds, its easier and less messy.

4. tanngrisnir3

Oct 18, 2011
    I haven't yet, actually, since I saw it for 750 WITH kit lens at Adorama, and then when I went back to purchase yesterday, it was back up.

I am, however, committed, since I've already bought the Oly 40-150 and the Panny 14-45. IOW, I'm going to have to get one now, since I've already got the glass.

I'll wait max until NYE to see what prices do.

5. tanngrisnir3

Oct 18, 2011
    So, I take it, there's no 'wrong' one? IOW, 'universal' ones will work just fine?

I'm sort of leery of buying el-cheapo plastic accessories as I've been burned before.

6. TonyB

TonyB Mu-43 Regular

Jun 6, 2010
  7. Danny_Two

Danny_Two Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2010
    London
    Well, you get what you pay for, if it's occasional use then a cheapy is usually ok, if its used a lot Id tend to go for the quality gear.

8. zpierce

zpierce Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Zach
    I got an el cheapo on ebay and it works fine. It's nothing special, but I don't use it a lot either. I doubt the panasonic one is anything to write home about anyways, it looks just as cheaply made.

9. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    I got mine from Amazon, it's labeled as "Shoot", being the brand name. It's for my EP-2 and is exactly like the MC-36 for my Nikon D200. The box, instruction manual, EVERYTHING is identical. It cost $18.00, the Nikon MC-36 cost $39.00 at B&H. The only difference is the camera connection. This is a timer/cable release, it has seen LOTS of use on my EP-2 with out any problem. Too bad I can't say the same about third party flash cables, I ended up paying $50.00 for the Olympus brand that works flawlessly.

10. John M Flores

John M Flores Super Moderator

Jan 7, 2011
    NJ
    I've got the Pixel TC-252. Works well. Been using the intervalometer on both the GH2 and GH1.

11. tanngrisnir3

Oct 18, 2011
    Thanks again, to all.

This place is a veritable no-waiting cornucopia of useful information.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.