1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Wired shutter release for the GH2?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by tanngrisnir3, Oct 31, 2011.

1. tanngrisnir3

tanngrisnir3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    I checked out the Panny page and found that there's is around $50, which while I could pay that, seems like highway robbery for something so simple.

Any suggestions of other off-brand or generic ones?

2. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
  3. Danny_Two

Danny_Two Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2010
    London
    Tons on ebay, Ive got a cheap and cheerful one, does the job and can be locked open.
    i only bought it for storm photography, unfortunately I live in a part of the world that never has storms.
    :rolleyes:

For night photography I usually just use the self timer set to two seconds, its easier and less messy.

4. tanngrisnir3

Oct 18, 2011
    I haven't yet, actually, since I saw it for 750 WITH kit lens at Adorama, and then when I went back to purchase yesterday, it was back up.

I am, however, committed, since I've already bought the Oly 40-150 and the Panny 14-45. IOW, I'm going to have to get one now, since I've already got the glass.

I'll wait max until NYE to see what prices do.

5. tanngrisnir3

Oct 18, 2011
    So, I take it, there's no 'wrong' one? IOW, 'universal' ones will work just fine?

I'm sort of leery of buying el-cheapo plastic accessories as I've been burned before.

6. TonyB

TonyB Mu-43 Regular

Jun 6, 2010
  7. Danny_Two

Danny_Two Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2010
    London
    Well, you get what you pay for, if it's occasional use then a cheapy is usually ok, if its used a lot Id tend to go for the quality gear.

8. zpierce

zpierce Super Moderator

Sep 26, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Zach
    I got an el cheapo on ebay and it works fine. It's nothing special, but I don't use it a lot either. I doubt the panasonic one is anything to write home about anyways, it looks just as cheaply made.

9. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    I got mine from Amazon, it's labeled as "Shoot", being the brand name. It's for my EP-2 and is exactly like the MC-36 for my Nikon D200. The box, instruction manual, EVERYTHING is identical. It cost $18.00, the Nikon MC-36 cost $39.00 at B&H. The only difference is the camera connection. This is a timer/cable release, it has seen LOTS of use on my EP-2 with out any problem. Too bad I can't say the same about third party flash cables, I ended up paying $50.00 for the Olympus brand that works flawlessly.

10. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    I've got the Pixel TC-252. Works well. Been using the intervalometer on both the GH2 and GH1.

11. tanngrisnir3

Oct 18, 2011
    Thanks again, to all.

This place is a veritable no-waiting cornucopia of useful information.