1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Wired shutter release for the E-PL1?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by tanngrisnir3, Apr 17, 2012.

1. tanngrisnir3

tanngrisnir3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    We're putting together a package for my girl friend, a pro Canon shooter, of the E-PL1, Oly 40-150r and 14-42, zipshot tripod and a few other things so that she can leave the super-heavy Canon FF stuff behind when we're backpacking this season, and I'm missing a wired shutter release, which is something she uses all the time.

I need suggestions about ones that work right, the first time. I myself got two for the GH2 for cheap on Amazon a while back, with neither working on arrival. I finally bit the bullet and got the overpriced Panasonic one, but it works, correctly, and has never given me trouble.

Anyone?

Thanks!

2. ill_dawg

ill_dawg Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2010
    I am fairly sure that no such thing exists. Oly seems to have disabled the shutter release connection in the e-pl1. The best you can do is get something that physically pushes the shutter button, or look into a diferent body. The e-pm1 should be a pretty good and cheap alternitave. Don't get me wrong, I have and love an e-pl1, but if wired shutter release is important it might not be the right camera. Sorry if this wasn't what you wanted to hear.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

3. songs2001

songs2001 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    EP2 or EP1, will take wired releases. EP2 is only 229 right now for body only. She'll probably like that better anyways as its got more direct controls and more solidly built. Only thing missing is a built in flash.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tanngrisnir3

tanngrisnir3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    Thanks! We're going for the EP2 at that price you mentioned.