wired remote shutter question (E-M10)

sammykhalifa

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Neil
Hey guys,

I'm having a problem with using my wireless remote. I connect it, hit the button, and the camera finds focus and locks it. But it won't trigger the shutter.

Now it's quite possible there's a problem with my (generic) cable. But I'm wondering if there's some setting in the camera I need to use to get it to work. I tried looking in the manual, but we all know how useful that is.

Am I missing something stupid?

Thanks.

sammykhalifa

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Neil
Thanks Randy. I didn't see anything wrong, but when I put it back together I can get it to shutter (if I press really had). I think I paid about seven dollars for this trigger, so I'd prefer it be that and not the camera. I was just not sure if I had to had it in Manual focus or something like that.

Thanks.

sammykhalifa

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Neil
Again, cable with a wireless remote? What cable?

Oh, it was cabled, sorry about that. I opened it up and messed with the little metal contacts, and after some experimenting got it to work a little better.

It's an "Opteka" replacement for the RM-UC1 that I bought about a year ago from a certain rainforested web-based bookstore. Looks like it's currently listed at 4.95 for anyone that's interested.

Also, good point about the smartphone app. Heh.

RDM

Mu-43 All-Pro
I suggest you go back and edit the 1st post to have the title "wired remote shutter question (E-M10) ". You will have to click advanced after you click edit.

sammykhalifa

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Neil
I suggest you go back and edit the 1st post to have the title "wired remote shutter question (E-M10) ". You will have to click advanced after you click edit.

Oh geez, I didn't even see I had done that.

No wonder why there was all of the confusion!

Leif

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Leif
The E-M10 is a bit tighter so many of the cable shutter releases (at least 3rd party ones) don't go completely into the socket. Check if the plug goes completely into the socket, otherwise take a knife and remove a bit of the surrounding black plastic around the plug of the cable release. This way I could fix mine easily.

Attachments

• uc1.png
    uc1.png
    67.9 KB · Views: 158

Latest threads

Top Bottom