1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Winter = questioning period

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Talanis, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Talanis

Talanis Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 15, 2012
    Sherbrooke, Canada
    Eric Cote
    I've been a professional photographer for nearly 6 years now with about 25 years of photography passion. I'm on full frame (5D, 5DII) for some years and have a good range of lenses. My back isn't what it used to be so lugging around 15kg of equipment all day during weddings isn't fun anymore (although I love shooting weddings).

Last september, I bought an OM-D for family and travel because I wanted something lighter but keep good image quality. I fell in love with this camera. For my personal project and family activities, I've been using exclusively this camera and the 20mm f/1,7, 45mm f/1,8 and 12-50mm. I even used it in commercial work. You can see my last 4 months here: Quatre mois avec l’Olympus OM-D » Blog de Eric Côté, photographe but it is in french (still has pictures in it though :wink:).

I'm at the point where I'm pondering the idea of switching full time to the OM-D. Thinking about selling my Canon gear (or some of it) to buy a second body and some lens that I need for my work. But fear can be a great stopper. I'm afraid of the clients perception, especially in the wedding industry. Although the clients know what I can produce with a camera, their friends and family don't necessary do so will they be respectful or not on the big day? I don't know.

I'm not 100% sure it's a good idea. I know that for image quality, it won't be a problem. What do you guys think about that? Any of you made the move?

Thanks for your input.

2. MAubrey

MAubrey Photographer

Jul 9, 2012
    Bellingham, WA
    Mike Aubrey
    Perhaps you could consider the OM-D add-on grip. That definitely would help the size perception while still being rather light (and you'd probably appreciate the extra battery power during wedding shooting, too!)

I'm not a wedding photographer, but I did shoot a wedding for a friend with the OM-D recently. It went off without a hitch.