Winter has set in, share your pics with us !!

GaryAyala

Mu-43 Legend
Sorry, but the frozen bird bath is the best I can do. Soon, I'll drive up to the mountains and run around with sandals and a tie-dyed T-shirt, just so I can emphasis with you heady cold-weather peeps.

Seriously, while I've worked in -20 weather ... I've never "lived" in snow. Coldest place I've lived was a winter in Paris, while filled with ice, sleet and snow ... it was nothing compared to what I see/read in the news regarding this winter.

I'm curious and concerned about how y'all are holding up. Have your pipes froze? What do you do when/if that happens? How productive can business be with all that snow and ice? How do you shop and accomplish out of the house tasks? Seems the cold has affected a lot of transportation ... has that effected food stocks, produce and pricing?

Apparently, the cold hasn't changed Grant's daily behavior, he's still taking his walks as if he's strolling through the park ... has this extreme cold change others daily behavior?

Gary

GaryAyala

Mu-43 Legend
Gary, you are just such a needler.:rolleyes::wink:

Nahh, the frozen bird baths wasn't needling ... just trying to relate to your cold as best I can. Needling would have been something like ... It was so cold this morning that nobody was on the golf course. With a shot of the empty golf course Cook and I passed this morning. :wink:

Gary

PS- Nice shot of the Gov.
G

Alanroseman

Super Moderator Emeritus
Sorry, but the frozen bird bath is the best I can do. Soon, I'll drive up to the mountains and run around with sandals and a tie-dyed T-shirt, just so I can emphasis with you heady cold-weather peeps.

Seriously, while I've worked in -20 weather ... I've never "lived" in snow. Coldest place I've lived was a winter in Paris, while filled with ice, sleet and snow ... it was nothing compared to what I see/read in the news regarding this winter.

I'm curious and concerned about how y'all are holding up. Have your pipes froze? What do you do when/if that happens? How productive can business be with all that snow and ice? How do you shop and accomplish out of the house tasks? Seems the cold has affected a lot of transportation ... has that effected food stock, produce and pricing?

Apparently, the cold hasn't changed Grant's daily behavior, he's still taking his walks as if he's strolling through the park ... has this extreme cold change others daily behavior?

Gary

Seriously Gary,

Not much at all. We're setup for the cold, part of my home was built in 1878, it's still standing here.

I've lost a few days if was storming during the morning commute, as it's tough to get around during "amateur hour". My guys have missed a few days because they can't park in town during a snow parking ban while the streets are plowed.

Other than that.... just truck on ahead.

Alan

GaryAyala

Mu-43 Legend
I could do with JUST Linda...

Gary, my heart is bleeding for you... that tiny microscopic film of ice must be tough for you to navigate around in your Prius. You live in SoCal right? So you drive a Prius right?

Try to stay off the bird bath when you head for the beach... it looks slippery.

No I don't drive a Prius. *sigh* I think you're stereotyping. But I do prefer wine to hard booze, don't smoke and read the labels on the food I buy. :smile:

BTW, LA County, Marin County, San Jose and recently Peoples Republic of Santa Monica have banned plastic grocery and retail bags (paper bags are available but must be sold at a minimum of $.10 per bag.)

For work I always drive an American car. I had a Jeep, but started driving long distances a few times a week, (two hours one way), so now I have a Crown Vic. The extreme comfy-ness of the Vic on a long haul is equally matched by it's total and complete lack of sexiness.

Gary

GaryAyala

Mu-43 Legend
My lord Garry I really feel for you and your suffering. Now be honest, did Arnie call out the national guard to help the suffering?

Actually, Jerry took a look at your recent, ice encrusted image, and immediately declared a State-of-Emergency ... then an aide informed him you were Canadian ... so he called the whole thing off.

floppymoose

Mu-43 Regular
I can understand going for the unsexy car. I drive a station wagon for that very reason. The women are just a constant nuisance, and any edge I can get on turning a few away is very much needed.

GaryAyala

Mu-43 Legend
I can understand going for the unsexy car. I drive a station wagon for that very reason. The women are just a constant nuisance, and any edge I can get on turning a few away is very much needed.

LOL ... I guess Alan and Grant drive station wagons as well for the very same reason.

Alanroseman

Super Moderator Emeritus
No I don't drive a Prius. *sigh* I think you're stereotyping. But I do prefer wine to hard booze, don't smoke and read the labels on the food I buy. :smile:

BTW, LA County, Marin County, San Jose and recently Peoples Republic of Santa Monica have banned plastic grocery and retail bags (paper bags are available but must be sold at a minimum of $.10 per bag.)

For work I always drive an American car. I had a Jeep, but started driving long distances a few times a week, (two hours one way), so now I have a Crown Vic. The extreme comfy-ness of the Vic on a long haul is equally matched by it's total and complete lack of sexiness.

Gary

Hi Gary,

You got me. I was stereotyping....

Let me tell you. I do have a nice vehicle, keep it in the garage. I've been in love with my 99 Jeep Cherokee for the past 11 years.

Faithful straight 6 workhorse with 153K and still plowing through the snow on a daily basis. I've spent a great deal of time and energy keeping it up over the years, but its paid me back in spades many times over.

My grown daughters have teased me unmercifully for driving my Jeep around with the Infiniti in the garage... don't care. I think nothing of loading it up and driving to the Carolinas some 850 miles away.

One day it'll croak, like me I suppose, until then it's the good old Jeep for me...all winter long.

greyelm

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Malcolm
Sunny day but 4 degC. G1 with 1935 Leitz Summar.

SummarpathHH1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

GaryAyala

Mu-43 Legend
... Let me tell you. I do have a nice vehicle, keep it in the garage. I've been in love with my 99 Jeep Cherokee ...

Mine was a '99 as well (I think). Loved that car too ... put more than 300,000 before I got rid of it ... besides regular maintenance, just had to replace two water pumps. Mine was a V8/AWD. Wonderful seats.

Gary

Alanroseman

Super Moderator Emeritus
Mine was a '99 as well (I think). Loved that car too ... put more than 300,000 before I got rid of it ... besides regular maintenance, just had to replace two water pumps. Mine was a V8/AWD. Wonderful seats.

Gary

Hi Gary,

Oh your talking 'grand Cherokee". I'm talking XJ Series Jeep. Cherokee Sport.

Stopped making them in 2001... caused an uproar. They continued to produce them in Europe though I'm told.

Later perhaps I'll post a very cold looking photo of my snow and ice encrusted Jeep for your viewing pleasure...

Back to my PBX programming..

Alanroseman

Super Moderator Emeritus

Gary

Hi Gary,

Here you go. fresh off the Mac.... Right outside the client location.

Trusty jeep in its native environment.... Ice and snow.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/58555870@N04/5413924187/" title="Jeep Snow by Alan Roseman, on Flickr">
5413924187_7353844201_z.jpg
"640" height="400" alt="Jeep Snow" /></a>

And a second for "detail"

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/58555870@N04/5413924317/" title="Jeep Detail by Alan Roseman, on Flickr">
5413924317_e037cd01d0.jpg
"500" height="313" alt="Jeep Detail" /></a>

Alanroseman

Super Moderator Emeritus
Roof edge Mendon, Ma this morning. Quick shot GF1/20mm

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/58555870@N04/5414534616/" title="Icicles by Alan Roseman, on Flickr">
5414534616_c1b5d32d78_b.jpg
"1024" height="640" alt="Icicles" /></a>

GaryAyala

Mu-43 Legend
I guess your bird baths have froze also ... (I wouldn't let your 12 year old car thaw ... it may be the ice that's holding it together.)

G

penfan2010

Mu-43 All-Pro

Alan - we've got tons of icicles hanging from our roof as well here in Central New Jersey, but none of them are bent around like they are in your photo. Thanks for sharing it.

Grant

Mu-43 Veteran
We had a light dusting of snow yesterday.

5413405525_172b422cf9_z.jpg

Alanroseman

Super Moderator Emeritus

Alan - we've got tons of icicles hanging from our roof as well here in Central New Jersey, but none of them are bent around like they are in your photo. Thanks for sharing it.

Steady north wind as the inside heat slowly melts the snow on the roof. It trickles down and forms to the wind..

Some of them were more than 5' long. It was tough to show the scale..

DHart

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
Had a wonderful afternoon with Hiro in the snow and lots of sun. :biggrin:

Pana GH2 with Canon FDn 135mm f/2.8

5405130241_3b80275070_b.jpg

Hiro! The Super-Dog!!! von Albi70 auf Flickr

Fantastic image! What really astounds me is how you could get such a crisp, sharply focused action shot, moving toward the camera, with a long, legacy, manual focus lens.... That takes great camera skills, good luck, or both. Wonderful.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom