1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

"Windintide" A Taliesin West Design.

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by danska, Oct 17, 2012.

1. danska

danska Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Joe
    Got a chance to grab some pics of this cool piece of architecture today. Should have brought my GX1, I had a bunch of other cool inside pics with massive purple flare. A couple I included also have it but was able to remove enough of it to be satisfied. All shot at 7mm.

Let me know what you guys think. Feel free to ask questions, I grew up here :wink:

8098449624_fd5056b880_b.
    Windintide Rock by danska8, on Flickr

8098448922_d8f574cfc0_b.
    Windintide Redwood by danska8, on Flickr

Windintide Deck II by danska8, on Flickr

8098438879_61140d19c4_b.
    Windintide Deck by danska8, on Flickr

8098438055_3f6df478d5_b.
    Windintide Inside by danska8, on Flickr

• Like Like x 1
  2. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Cool place Joe!

The interior shot reminds me of the geodesic dome house my wife and I looked at that was for sale near here. Parts of it were really cool (neat setting, backs up to state lands in a natural setting, unique design) but it had some definite drawbacks. The biggest were odd room shapes that felt cramped and all-electric heat, since the dome design doesn't play nice with ductwork I guess. Can't even imagine what the heating bill looked like on that place despite the more efficient shape :biggrin:

3. danska

danska Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Joe
    Thanks Jay.

This place feels really open and never cramped. It's about 3,000 square feet on a single story. It's heated by oil floor heating which is actually really efficient but now with the price of oil, it's not as cheap as it was in the 90's.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Nice... so with a name like windintide, I assume it has an ocean view too? Looks like it's designed with tons of windows to take advantage of a view, and I think I see ocean reflection in the outdoor shot. I always liked non-traditional home designs like this :2thumbs:

5. danska

danska Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Joe
    Here is a view from a couple weeks back at Sunset. Shot with the 12-35 so you don't get the super-wide view. Looks over at the Olympic Mountains/Peninsula and then the south tip of Whidbey Island to the right.

8067185949_4da126eb0d_b.
    Sunset over the Olympics by danska8, on Flickr

• Like Like x 2
  6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Absolutely beautiful! What an awesome place to live. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  7. danska

danska Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Joe
    Thanks Rev! Yeah I was very fortunate to grow up there. Not ideal when your trying to be a sneaking teenager coming home, the house carries sound very well! :redface:

• Like Like x 1