1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Wind Farms

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by krugorg, Oct 15, 2011.

1. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Large wind farm in Northern Iowa. No place to pull over, so had to resort to a 70-mph drive-by. I was buckled up with one eye on road and one hand on wheel (I think)!

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/krugorg/6254604770/" title="Wind Farm by krugorg, on Flickr">"1008" height="581" alt="Wind Farm"></a>

E-P3 with Oly 12mm, PP by Nik Color Efex

• Like Like x 6
  2. pivo6

pivo6 Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 8, 2011
    Fort Ripley, MN
    Nice pic. Is this the field that can be seen from I 35?

3. krugorg

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Thanks! Yup, this is the farm just east of I-35.

I was able to pull off on the way back home. It was midday and I didn't have a ND filter, so I tried to get motion with HDR PP on the following image. Not too crazy about the result, but I love these wind farms.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/krugorg/6251989865/" title="Wind Farm by krugorg, on Flickr">"1008" height="756" alt="Wind Farm"></a>

• Like Like x 3
  4. DownUnderDog

DownUnderDog Mu-43 Regular

Wind Farms - Albany WA, Australia

[​IMG]
    Hi Krugorg,
    just back from a cruise around Australia. Albany is a town in southern Western Australia. It is 60% reliant on wind energy. One of the highest ratios in Australia. I would have liked to show the motion of the blades, however this shot was taken from a moving ship, and I needed a reasonably high shutter speed to counter the ships' motion.
    Cheers
    DUD

• Like Like x 5
  5. Tecpatl4

Tecpatl4 Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 16, 2010
    Midwest
    Spearville Kansas

spearville.

• Like Like x 4
  6. krugorg

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Wow - 60% is a huge number, very impressive. Great image - you are forgiven for not using a low shutter speed on a moving ship! :rofl:

7. tolesy

tolesy Mu-43 Regular

Oct 14, 2011
    NE Indiana
    Excellent pictures!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. krugorg

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Envious of your trip - lots of cool places! Back home yet?

9. Tecpatl4

Tecpatl4 Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 16, 2010
    Midwest
    Yep, I got home on Oct 5. It just took me a while to process all the pics. I had some other projects waiting for me also so the pictures were delayed. I've got the best ones in the gallery now, and back to normal life. At least until the end of the month.